Recipe: Perfect Mexi-Cali grilled fish tacos
Mexi-Cali grilled fish tacos. Grilled Fish Tacos Recipe cooked with Grilled Snapper on the Big Green Egg. Served with pickled red onions and Cilantro Lime Creama. We love Grilled Fish Tacos around my house… and I've had my share of fish stick to the cooking grate when grilling, but.
Although the classic Baja fish tacos are fried, the grilled ones really stand out and are much lighter. Watch the video: author Fred Thompson demonstrates how to grill. These crowd pleasing Mexican Quinoa & Bean Grilled Fish Tacos will go faster than you can cook them. You can cook Mexi-Cali grilled fish tacos using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexi-Cali grilled fish tacos
- You need 1 bag of McCormick grillmates Mexican fiesta seasoning/marinade.
- You need 2 of filets of cod, mahi mahi, or tilapia.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 of avocado.
- You need of Cabbage shredded.
- It’s 1 of carrot shredded.
- It’s 1 of Red onion diced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- Prepare dash of Mrs dash marinade or any light dressing.
- Prepare of Corn tortillas.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Hot sauce.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Cotija cheese crumbled.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Jicama Slaw & Chipotle Aioli. Tacos have been part of Mexico's culinary heritage for hundreds of years, and Grilled Fish Tacos – Belly Full. Mild fish is grilled and paired perfectly with a simple spice rub, crunchy kicked-up coleslaw, and corn. Spread the joy of tacos and margs and support your local Mexicali.
Mexi-Cali grilled fish tacos instructions
- Put fish in a bag with half of squeezed lime and half bag of McCormick seasoning marinade for at least 1 hour.
- While fish is marinating prepare cabbage, onion, and carrot. Combine together with cilantro and squeeze other half of lime over the mix with a dash of the dressing and a pinch of salt. I used Mrs dash but any light dressing on hand will work..
- Take fish out of bag and top with the rest of the dry seasoning and grill until begins to flake about 5-7 mins per side. When fish is off the grill cut into bite size pieces..
- To prepare tortillas place in a skillet and top with cheddar cheese. Once the cheese starts melting flip the tortilla to crisp the cheese. The tortilla will bubble up in the middle when it is ready, be careful not to burn..
- To serve fill tortilla with fish, sour cream, hot sauce, shredded cabbage mixture, sliced avocado, and crumbled cotija cheese..
It's beginning to look a lot like TACOS!. . . #pourupdrank #yougottaeatthis #tasteofmassachusetts #eastcoastfoodies #tacoseveryday #amazingappetites #authenticmexicanfood. It's tough to beat fried fish drenched in a Chipotle Crema sauce. I made these tonight but grilled my fish instead and they were EXCELLENT! I could put that mayo on anything! Thank you for a great recipe!