How to Prepare Tasty Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole
Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole. In a medium bowl, combine green beans, cream of chicken soup, milk, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, garlic power, and onion powder to taste. Combine melted butter and remaining stuffing mix; layer top of the casserole. A creamy chicken/green bean mixture topped with stuffing and Cheddar cheese and baked into a simple, lovely dinner.
Green bean casserole is the quintessential Thanksgiving side. Bizarrely, I never had it on my Thanksgiving table growing up, but I've become obsessed as an adult. For this recipe, I ditched the canned cream of mushroom soup and opted for a. You can have Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole
- Prepare 1 can of green beans or 2 cups fresh garden beans.
- You need 1/2 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of small garlic clove chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chives finely chopped.
- Prepare of Seasoning salt.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh or 1 small can sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 box of stuffing mix.
- Prepare of Butter or margarine (for stuffing).
- You need of Optional Ingredient:.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped green onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of french fried onions.
This Healthy Green Bean Casserole recipe is made from scratch with lightened-up ingredients, it's fresh and creamy and crispy, and it is full of the absolute best flavors. No Thanksgiving feast is complete without one. Green bean casserole is a classic holiday side dish! The secret ingredient to this creamy green bean dish is the crunchy cheese crackers sprinkled on top.
Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Boil chopped onion and green beans (if fresh) to soften and prepare for bake. (???? See, half of these beans were dark purple before boiling, they were wild bush garden beans from my yard) *If using canned green beans then skip this step! But still preheat the oven! ????????????.
- Add chives, garlic, seasonings, and chopped onion to small casserole baking dish..
- Pour in mushroom soup and milk. Mix well. (Here You can also substitute water for milk if you like or need to ????????).
- Add beans and mushrooms to mixture and combine thoroughly. *Here you can additionally layer the french fried onions on top before baking for added flavor and texture! ???????? Cover and Bake green bean casserole in the oven for 20-25mins while you make the stuffing on the stovetop. (Or in the microwave????????♀️ lol).
- Follow directions on the stuffing mix box; or Boil water and butter then reduce heat to low and pour in contents of stuffing mix bag. (*Here is also where you can add in the chopped green onion????????) Use a fork to mix and fluff. Equally spreading around the absorption of the water. Remove from heat. Remove casserole from oven..
- Scoop stuffing mix out of pan and place gently and evenly on top of green bean casserole. Bake uncovered for another 15-20 mins or until stuffing starts to become golden brown and crispy on top and the casserole is bubbly around the edges! ???? Serve and Enjoy!.
Chicken + Stuffing + Green Beans. Casserole dishes are some of our very favorites for dinner, and especially the holidays. We know that dishes like This Chicken and Green Bean casserole (aka Chicken Stuffing Casserole) is a family favorite. We feel like you get a little bit of everything with the. I remembered seeing this cheesy green bean and stuffing casserole in Kraft's Food & Family magazine a few years back (okay, so I'm slow) and really liked the idea of a stuffing topped green bean casserole.