Recipe: Tasty Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette. Roasted beets naturally caramelize and are full of deep flavor and can be tossed in a salad or eaten alone! This salad is so versatile, so do not be afraid to Instructions for Orange Citrus Vinaigrette Whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, oil, mustard, garlic, mint or cilantro if using, and honey in a. Add the orange zest, orange segments, and any juices and mix well.
This Roasted Beet-and-Citrus Salad is colorful, seasonal and has a beautiful presentation. Not only does it look pretty, this dish tastes light and fresh. One of our test kitchen professionals said "the citrus segment and the orange-zest-spiked vinaigrette pair well with the earthy sweet of the beets." Roast Beef, Beet, and Arugula Salad with Orange Vinaigrette. You can cook Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- It’s 6 of medium beets with good looking greens, any color.
- You need 2 of Mandarin or clementine oranges, or 1 for larger citrus.
- It’s 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp of vinegar, apple cider vinegar or white wine work well.
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- It’s handful of fresh herbs such as thyme & rosemary if you have.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Feta or goat cheese (optional).
Sweet beets marry well with the peppery bite of arugula in this roast beef salad, while a citrusy vinaigrette provides a bright counterpoint to the richness of the meat, goat cheese, and pine nuts. I'm Sylvia from Vintage Kitchen Vixen. Join me each week on my blog and channel as I share tips for simple living, creating memorable gatherings, and. Beets pair perfectly with citrus, and lately I've always got clementines in the fruit bowl.
Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette instructions
- Cut greens from beets. Wash greens and roots well..
- For Roasted Beets: Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Peel and cut beets into wedges and bake for 40 minutes, turning them once halfway through. Roasting concentrates beets sweetness the most!.
- To Steam: Steam beets in their skin until soft but not mushy. Smaller beets will take about 20-25 minutes. Medium beets 30-40 minutes, and large beets up to an hour..
- Steamed beets are done when you can pierce with a fork or skewer. After beets are done steaming or roasting, set aside and let cool..
- For steamed beets, remove skin and cut into wedges when cool enough to handle. Cool in refrigerator..
- Prepare the greens. Cut beet greens into 3cm/1 inch ribbons..
- Bring a large pot of water and about 1 Tbsp salt to boil. Add the beet greens and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes..
- Drain and immediately cool under cold running water. Squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- Make dressing by juicing 1 mandarin orange or 1/2 of a large orange (about 1/4 cup). Save the other mandarin or half orange for later..
- And mix the juice with 1.5 to 2 Tbsp vinegar, 2 Tbsp oil, 1 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp sugar. Adjust to taste. Add a bit of pepper and fresh herbs..
- In a bowl, sprinkle salt on beet greens and mix with half the dressing. Peel the other orange and separate into wedges. In a separate bowl, marinade the beet root wedges and orange wedges with rest of dressing..
- On your serving platter, lay out beet greens and arrange beet root and orange wedges over top. If you like, serve with cheese such as goat cheese or feta!.
Drizzle beets with oil and cover pan with aluminum foil. Cut beets into a large dice. In the bowl of a food processor combine walnuts and remaining ingredients. ~Beets are not only a terrific source of nutrients, they're also delicious! Learn how to make this easy beet salad with an orange vinaigrette, walnuts, and as much goat cheese as you can handle. This citrusy, orange vinaigrette is an easy way to brighten ups variety of salads.