Recipe: Yummy Sig's Goats cheese, tofu and cucumber salad
Sig's Goats cheese, tofu and cucumber salad. A simple salad made with ripe heirloom tomatoes, garden fresh cucumbers and creamy goat cheese is drizzled with olive oil and a plenty of fresh basil. It is not only a delightful way to enjoy tomato and cucumber season but it embodies Vinnie's diet plan which includes plenty of FAT! Cucumber Tomato Salad is a refreshing spin on a classic lettuce salad.
Light and cool and easy to make. I added some thinly sliced red onions and added a little sugar to the dressing. I had fresh goat cheese from a local farm and it was the perfect match for this salad. You can cook Sig's Goats cheese, tofu and cucumber salad using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Goats cheese, tofu and cucumber salad
- Prepare 1/2 of large cucumber washed and peeled with peeler to make even stripes, cut in half length ways, deseeded and sliced thinly.
- You need 30 grams of good feta cheese.
- Prepare 1 stick of fresh mint, chop leaves finely.
- It’s 1 of small handful of marinated tofu strips chopped finely.
- It’s 1 pinch of each fresh cracked black pepper, I sometimes use a very small sprinkling of chilli flakes instead.
- You need 4 of quality black olives.
- It’s 2 1/4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon, use peel only for grating lemon rind.
This recipe of cucumber salad with goat should fill you, as well as all your guests! This cool cucumber salad is quick and easy to prepare. This sweet and tangy summer salad of cucumber, cilantro, and peanuts with just a hint of heat is always a hit at picnics and potlucks since it doesn't need to be refrigerated and you're pretty much guaranteed. These Easy Vinegar Marinated Cucumbers are a light, refreshing, summertime side dish.
Sig's Goats cheese, tofu and cucumber salad step by step
- Wash and peel cucumber so that you get stripe pattern,thinly slice,drizzle with the olive oil.
- Crumble feta add over the top of cucumber..
- Chop mint very finely and mix carefully under the salad.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and lift carefully into salad..
- Grate the peel of 1/2 a lemon only, only use the grated peel.
- Add black olives, either halved, chopped or whole and the lemon gratings and season slightly with fresh cracked black Pepper or chilli flakes if using..
- Cover and chill for thirty minutes.
Arrange cucumber slices around tofu, and fan avocado slices on plates. Scatter sprouts, then green onions over vegetables. A creamy goat cheese and cottage cheese blend provides satisfying and comforting flavor I use sumac to bump up the already satisfying and comforting Top the celery with a layer of cucumber slices. Season if desired with salt and pepper and sprinkle on more dill. Simple but inventive salads are a signature at Ned Ludd restaurant in Portland, and chef Jason French brings that same knack to this fresh salad for his beach menu.