How to Make Tasty Asparagus-Stuffed Chikuwa Fish Paste Sticks
Asparagus-Stuffed Chikuwa Fish Paste Sticks. – Subtitles – Select Japanese to get both English subs/Japanese subs. You can see my broken English subs(blah blah time) /Japanese subs(recipe part) by. These Italian Asparagus Sticks are not only fun, but are healthy and delicious.
Spicy chikuwa & cherry tomato salad. Fish Surimi Surimi Surimi Fish Ball Vegetarian Fish Ball Surimi Lobscrab Sticks Seafood Fish Surimi Tofu LICHUAN Qs Chinese Seafood. Yamasa chikuwa surimi fish paste with a lot of protein and minerals. You can have Asparagus-Stuffed Chikuwa Fish Paste Sticks using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asparagus-Stuffed Chikuwa Fish Paste Sticks
- Prepare 1 stalk of Asparagus.
- You need 2 stick of Chikuwa.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper (I recommend coarsely ground).
- It’s 1 of Soy sauce.
Chikuwa is a tube-shaped Japanese fishcake made from surimi fish paste and egg white seasoned with salt and sugar. More expensive grades of fish can be used, but the price of the Chikuwa is a bit more expensive. We made Chikuwa in Odawara, Japan and you can read about our experience here. The Missus added "chikuwa/fis paste rolls stuffed withe fresh cucumber, fried kinpira including konyaky, carrots, beans and seaweed, and som Renaissance tomatoes grown in Kakegawa City.
Asparagus-Stuffed Chikuwa Fish Paste Sticks instructions
- Parboil the asparagus or wrap in plastic wrap and microwave for about 20 to 30 seconds..
- Cut the asparagus in half and stuff into the chikuwa. Even if the asparagus is thick, force it through..
- Once the chikuwa are stuffed, slice into bite-sized pieces. (I first slice them in half, then diagonally in half again.).
- Heat a pan, then add mayonnaise (I use a 5 cm dab). When the mayonnaise starts to dissolve, add the chikuwa and sauté..
- When the chikuwa turns a nice golden brown, remove from the heat, season with pepper and soy sauce, and it's ready to serve..
- If the asparagus is still tough, microwave for about 30 seconds..
The pinky things are "Chikuwa/Fish paste steamed around a stick to give them their tube shape". Chikuwa (竹輪) is a Japanese jelly-like food product made from ingredients such as fish surimi, salt, sugar, starch, monosodium glutamate and egg white. After mixing them well, they are wrapped around a bamboo or metal stick and steamed or broiled. Chikuwa is a Japanese product made with salt, sugar, egg whites, starch, and seasoned, ground meat of fishes such as shark, pollock, or flying fish. The ground meat paste is placed around a bamboo stick, and it is then grilled or steamed.