Recipe: Appetizing Salmon en Croute
Salmon en Croute. Gordon Ramsay's recipe for salmon en croute from the Cookalong Live show. #GordonRamsay #Cooking Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Fit Food/Healthy. Take salmon en croûte to chef standard. Succulent salmon, cream cheese and dill are encased in When you're ready to assemble the en croûte, unwrap the salmon fillets, rinse them in cold water.
Serve with a side of rice. Salmon en Croute is french for 'salmon in a crust'. Croute means crust and so 'en croute' refers to anything in a pastry crust. You can have Salmon en Croute using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon en Croute
- Prepare 1 of Salmon filet.
- You need 1/2 cup of Soften butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dill and Basil.
- It’s 1 packages of Pastry puff.
- It’s 1 packages of Hollandaise sauce.
- Prepare of Fresh Asparagus.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 small of Egg wash.
It's a great dish to double up on and make in bulk – store leftovers for a later. A whole salmon en croûte is a lovely Christmas party centrepiece. This simple recipe uses readymade pastry to make it quick and easy. This easy and simple salmon en croute recipe is a real classic.
Salmon en Croute instructions
- First you take the salmon clean and remove skin. Cut the salmon in half and pat dry then set aside.
- Then take the dill and basil and do a fine chop, after chopping mix with the soften butter..
- Take the pastry puff and place one piece of salmon and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread the herb butter on the salmon, then place the other piece of salmon. Start folding the the pastry puff until cover……you may cut and remove some of the pastry if it has to much…..after you fold tightly make a criss cross on top and an egg wash and bake at 375 until golden brown 15-20min.
- With the extra herb butter you can sauté the asparagus with the butter for 4min on medium low.
- Prepare Hollandaise sauce (follow instruction on package).
- Once you pastry puff is all set you my serve and plate like my picture and enjoy 😘…..remember depending on salmon pieces the more people you feed….a small goes a long way ….just made mine big 😃.
Salmon en croute is a delicious alternative to turkey on Christmas Day, especially if you have people in your party who don't eat meat. Wrap the phyllo overhang over the filet and roll the salmon up in the dough, brushing the phyllo with butter as you roll. A salmon en croûte is a real centrepiece, but is deceptively easy to make. Some of my favourite dishes are the ones that require little effort to cook, but create a big impact. Salmon en croute: our favourite salmon and pastry combo.