Recipe: Tasty Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie
Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie. Easy Salmon Pot Pie is a seafood recreation of one of the most popular recipes on Spicy Southern Kitchen- Chicken Pot Pie. The lemon and pepper flavors of the Lemon Pepper Salmon is perfect for a pot pie. It really compliments the potatoes and the veggies in the filling and gives the pot pie a.
Take your pick from a huge range of dishes, including leeky parcels, glazed salmon and fishcakes. Heart-healthy salmon tops this simple one-pot which will help towards your five-a-day. Sounds like chicken pot pie but I wanted salmon! You can cook Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie using 16 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie
- You need 2 of 5 oz Salmon Fillets.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 each of Shallots, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of Celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Potato, diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Clam Juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Sherry.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1 of 8oz Lobster Meat, cut into 1" chunks.
- Prepare 4 each of Scallops, halved or quartered depending on size, divided.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Peas, thawed.
- You need 1 of Egg Yolk.
- You need 1 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 2 of Puff Pastry.
I looked at some fish pie recipes but nothing I found came in that familiar comforting form. Bring the clam juice to a simmer in a small pot. Be the first to review this recipe. Smoky bacon pairs deliciously with salmon in Crisp Phyllo-topped Salmon Pot Pie.
Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie step by step
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper..
- Place your salmon fillets into a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal the bag..
- Cook in a water bath at 41 C (106 F) for approximately 25 minutes or core temperature of 40 C (104 F) **Time and temperature is referenced from Thomas Keller?s Under Pressure sous-vide book**.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan, add shallots and celery, and sweat..
- Add the potatoes and continue to sweat for 2-3 minutes..
- Whisk in the flour to coat all the vegetables..
- Add the Sherry and tomato sauce, stir to blend..
- Gradually whisk in the clam juice and cream until blended..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stir frequently..
- Add the lobster and peas, season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F..
- Open the pouch of salmon and place 1 salmon fillet into each small baking dish..
- Pour the lobster sauce into the baking dishes, equally, almost to cover salmon..
- Place half the scallops around salmon and the remainder in the second dish..
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a small bowl..
- Brush the rim of the baking dishes with the egg wash..
- Place a portion piece of puff pastry on top of the dish and press down the sides..
- Brush the puff pastry with more egg wash..
- Place the baking dishes on a sheet tray..
- Cook in the oven until heated through, puffed and golden brown. Approximately 30 minutes..
All Reviews for Crisp Phyllo-topped Salmon Pot Pie. By :From Freezer to Instant Pot Cookbook by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough. Over the last year, we've seen a lot of worry on social media about how to cook frozen salmon fillets in an Instant Pot. This crock pot salmon fillets with Asian style vegetables is a personal favorite. The idea comes from this Crock Pot Salmon Fillets and Green Beans I saw on A Year of Slow Cooking.