Recipe: Yummy The easiest chicken pot pie
The easiest chicken pot pie. Rachel Harris from www.managedmoms.com is joining me again this week to show you how to make an easy Chicken Pot Pie. Cover with aluminum foil or store in a resealable container. Check out our new cookbook Insanely Easy Chicken Dinners.
It's loaded with chicken and vegetables in a creamy sauce and baked under an impossibly easy crust. All Reviews for Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pie. Easy Chicken Pot Pie is always a family favorite, and it is SO incredibly easy. You can have The easiest chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The easiest chicken pot pie
- You need 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 large of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of cup peas and sweetcorn.
- It’s 1 of butter, to saute.
- It’s 1 of salt, freshly ground pepper, and thyme top season.
- It’s 500 grams of chopped chicken fillets.
- Prepare 2 medium of potatoes, chopped into bite Size chunks.
- Prepare 1 envelope of vegetable / chicken and veg or mushroom soup.
- You need 1 of roll of puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 of bit of flour to coat the pie pan.
Sometimes I even cheat a little to make it easier when I know that I will have very little time to prepare a good dinner. On those nights, I use precooked, diced chicken, so I don't even have to cut the chicken breasts into pieces. These Individual Chicken Pot Pies are easy to make, stuffed with chicken, carrots, and celery, and topped with a delicious flaky buttermilk crust. Chicken pot pie is one of my favorite meals.
The easiest chicken pot pie step by step
- Saute onions in butter, and a little oil if you like, until soft..
- Add chopped carrots and potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Thereafter add chicken and season well with salt, pepper, thyme and any seasoning of your choice.
- Add peas and sweetcorn.
- Add one cup of water, or enough to just cover the chicken and vegetables.
- Once the potatoes are nearly soft, mix an envelope of powdered soup of your choice in about half a cup of water until there's no lumps..
- Add to the pot and stir until the sauce is thick..
- Roll out puff pastry and cut in half. Place one half on the bottom of a casserole or pie dish, which has been sprinkled with flour to prevent Sticking..
- Bake the pastry in a 180°F oven for about 5 minutes or until it starts to puff.
- Remove pastry base from oven and add the chicken and veg filling ontop. Place the remaining layer of pastry over the filling, and seal the edges..
- Brush pastry with a little bit of milk or egg and bake in the oven at 180°F until golden brown..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
It's everything warm and comforting about food all wrapped up in a flaky pie crust. Chicken pot pie may be the ultimate downhome food, but there's more to pot pie than just chicken and veggies. You might be tempted to reach for a frozen pie Biscuit-Topped Chicken Potpie Recipe. A can of refrigerated biscuits might just make for the easiest pot pie topping ever. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike.