Recipe: Perfect Whosayna’s Steak and Veggies Pie
Whosayna’s Steak and Veggies Pie. Steak Vada: In pressure cooker boil steak cubes with salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic paste, lemon juice with little water. When almost done add potatoes and cook till done and water dried up. Shredd meat in chopper, put in a big bowl.
Vegetables for Steak and Vegetable Pie I kept it simple with just carrots and onion it's the combo the kids love the most, so I like to keep them happy. But don't be afraid to vary it up with whatever you have, so long as you ensure you don't pack it out too much so that it soaks up all that rich gravy you are really good to go with any. It takes a bit longer but it's well worth the effort for a delicious and completely homemade classic steak pie. You can have Whosayna’s Steak and Veggies Pie using 20 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whosayna’s Steak and Veggies Pie
- It’s as needed of Mashie.
- You need 3 of Puff Pastry.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- It’s 1/2 kg of Beef Fillet (Chinese Cut).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Black Pepper powder.
- It’s 1" of Ginger (slivered).
- You need 5 of cloves of Garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 4 of Tomatoes (blend it).
- You need 1 tsp of Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sweet Corns.
- You need 1 tsp of Hot Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vinegar.
- You need 2 cups of chopped Veggies (Capsicum, French Beans, Cauliflower and Carrots).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ginger/Garlic paste.
- You need 3-4 of Potatoes (boiled, mashed then added salt, pepper, chilli powder and lemon juice.
Packed with tender meat, rich gravy and plenty of veggies, we just can't get enough of this classic steak and ale pie recipe. Perfect for a comforting Sunday dinner during colder months, this steak and ale pie is a great winter. Unravel the pastry, drape over the dish and use a knife to trim and press the edges against the side of the dish. Re-roll your trimmings to make a decoration if you like.
Whosayna’s Steak and Veggies Pie instructions
- Marinate fillet in ginger and garlic paste, salt and chilli powder for 3 hrs… In a pan add oil and braise fillet til it's nice brown colour… Remove in a plate when cooled down cut in small pcs… In the same pan add onions and braise till pinkish brown add tomatoes and cook a little then add veggies and the rest of sauces, chopped garlic and ginger, paprika and corn, cook on high flame if it's too watery… Make sure it's saucy not dried up…
- Pie Making: In a big casserole put a thin layer of mashie all over the base and level it Now pour filling, and spread evenly Roll puff pastry and cover the filling Make slits and glaze with beaten egg Bake in oven on 230°C till nice golden brown colour.
Steak pie served with peas, mashed potatoes and gravy is a quintessential British meal. Just one of the great dishes that are under appreciated from the UK. Give this recipe a try and you'll see what I mean. I've discovered that many Americans are not familiar with a traditional British steak pie. Introducing British Steak Pie Brush the edges of the pie dish with egg wash then pop the pastry on top of the meat mixture.