How to Prepare Tasty Pesto Chicken Sandwich
Pesto Chicken Sandwich. During the last few minutes of cooking time, top each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella. Tender chunks of chicken breast are cooked together with onion, zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, and pesto sauce for a flavorful sandwich filling that will satisfy a hungry crowd. To make the pesto, combine basil, garlic, pine nuts and Parmesan in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
And it was quite the busy day. I was one week to far in my pregnancy to go with him. Build panini: Slice ciabatta rolls in half, then spread about ¼ of the pesto on bottom half. You can have Pesto Chicken Sandwich using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pesto Chicken Sandwich
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts boneless and thin.
- Prepare of Brown bread (4 slices).
- Prepare 4 slices of cheese.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pesto paste.
- It’s of Sun-dried tomatoes OR Sun-dried tomatoe paste.
- It’s of Salt and black pepper.
Simple, fast, and very tasty – a nice change from normal sandwiches. Sandwiches are a teacher's lunchtime staple. The pesto really makes this sandwich something special. What is great is that pesto is so easy to make.
Pesto Chicken Sandwich step by step
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- On a grill OR a large skillet over medium heat and spray it with olive oil. Cook chicken breasts for 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Assemble the sandwiches and top with chicken, tomatoes, and cheese, and brush tops and bottoms of the sandwiches lightly with olive oil.
- Cook sandwiches over medium to medium high heat until first side is toasted and flip. The sandwiches are done when both sides are golden.
It only takes a handful of ingredients and few minutes to make enough to last you all week if you wanted to make these chicken and pesto sandwiches daily if you wanted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto. Spread evenly over cut sides of flatbread. Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Arrange chicken slices on bottom half of bread.