Recipe: Delicious Oysters Po Boy
Oysters Po Boy. For the wet soak: In a nonreactive bowl or gallon re-sealable bag, combine the buttermilk, beaten egg, hot sauce, basil, granulated garlic and white pepper and mix well. These classic oyster po' boys make the most of briny, salty oysters. The freshly shucked oysters are double-dredged in a mixture of cornmeal and flour before they're fried, and stuffed into soft, sub-style rolls with crisp lettuce, tomatoes, pickle chips, and a generous slathering of rémoulade.
Oyster Po'boy The oysters are fried in a spicy cornmeal breading for this classic New Orleans sandwich, the recipe for which comes from Crabby Jack's restaurant in Jefferson, Louisiana. Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the carrot and cabbages law mix and toss to combine. You can cook Oysters Po Boy using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oysters Po Boy
- You need of Oysters.
- It’s 24 oz of oysters (canned or shucked).
- Prepare 1 of milk.
- Prepare of Wet Dredge.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
- It’s of dry dredge.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 of oil (for deep-frying).
- It’s 6 medium of sub buns.
- It’s 1 of lettuce.
- Prepare of tomatoes.
- You need of remoulade sauce.
Toss oysters and shrimp in cornmeal seasoned with Creole spice. Fry oysters, in batches, until golden and crispy, turning several times. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pile up oysters in bread loaf and dig in.
Oysters Po Boy step by step
- Drain oysters and cover with milk in a bowl for 30 minutes..
- Mix the ingredients for the wet dredge in a medium sized bowl..
- In a resealable bag add all ingredients for the dry dredge. Seal bag and shake well to mix.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 360° F. Drain oysters from milk bath and add several at a time to the wet dredge mixing well to coat. Next transfer to the bag with the dry dredge, seal and shake to coat. Deep fry for 3 minutes and are golden brown. Transfer to paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat step till all oysters have been deep fried..
- To assemble. Cut buns length wise. Add a remoulade sauce to both side of bun. Place a generous amount of fried oysters on bottom half of bun. Add lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately while oysters are still hot. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348043-remoulade-sauce.
Oyster Po'boy This New Orleans po'boy is piled high with fried oysters. This recipe was given to us by the popular Parkway Bakery & Tavern in New. Dip the oysters, one at a time, into the beaten eggs and roll in the bread crumb mixture. Repeat with the remaining oil and oysters. Drain the oysters and place in a small bowl.