How to Make Delicious New Orleans Fried Oyster Po"boy
New Orleans Fried Oyster Po"boy. Po-boys are stuffed and slathered with sauce and served between two slices of french bread. Piled with lettuce, tomato and pickles and filled with roast beef, fried shrimp, oysters-or whatever you choose-po-boys are stuffed and slathered with sauce or mayonnaise, and. Jazz up this classic fried oyster po'boy with a flavorful Louisiana style remoulade sauce, or use plain mayonnaise.
The New Orleans-style barbecue shrimp po-boy (difficult to contain so grab a fork) remains a popular option, but the stunner is the fried oyster with garlic butter. Both highly splittable to leave room for fries. This New Orleans po'boy is piled high with fried oysters. You can have New Orleans Fried Oyster Po"boy using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of New Orleans Fried Oyster Po"boy
- Prepare 1 lb of of fried oysters according to fried oyster recipe dip in egg batter cracker crumbs or. cornmeal deep fry quickly 3 min in oil at 375 degrees.
- You need 1 of baguette or hoagie rolls.
- You need 1 of miracle whip or mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of lettuce shredded.
- It’s 1 of pickle slices.
- Prepare 1 of tomato slices if desired.
- You need 1 of Louisiana hot sauce.
This recipe was given to us by the popular Parkway Bakery & Tavern in New Orleans. Freshly fried oysters seasoned with a mix of garlic and cayenne are sandwiched between crusty bread and topped with crisp lettuce and tomato. Fried seafood po' boys are classic New Orleans street food. These "dressed" sandwiches are spread with a zesty rémoulade sauce, filled with crunchy shredded lettuce, pickles, and These classic oyster po' boys make the most of briny, salty oysters.
New Orleans Fried Oyster Po"boy step by step
- drain oysters on paper towels split six inch baguette or hoagie roll add mayonnaise lettuce oysters piclke slices and tomatoes serve immediately.
The freshly shucked oysters are double-dredged in a. New Orleans' Po-Boy Is A Rich Food Tradition. Chief among the latter category are the Brennans. In New Orleans the classic sandwich is the Po-Boy. Made with crisp, fresh French Bread and anything you want in the middle.