Recipe: Perfect Sophie's Tuna burgers
Sophie's Tuna burgers. The secret to the terrific tuna burgers from Tim Cushman, chef at Boston's O Ya: Carefully grinding the tuna, then topping with savory soy glaze. This spicy tune burger is my new favourite recipe & has definitely spiced up my meal prep options. Tinned tuna is a stable in my press and as you can see.
It takes this iconic sandwich over the top. I made the "salsa" (onions/celery/bell pepper/chili sauce spices) a day in advance. I also microwaved it for a short time; I didn't want the veggies to be too crunchy. You can have Sophie's Tuna burgers using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sophie's Tuna burgers
- You need 1 of drained can tuna.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic granules.
- You need 1 tsp of Thai spice.
- You need 2 tsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 of bread crumbs (i made my own with 1 slice of whole meal bread).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sesame seeds.
- You need 3 tbsp of creme fraiche (or Lake District Co quark is a fantastic alternative as it's very low fat).
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame oil, or similar..
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of chili flakes to taste (optional).
Here's what you need: tuna, olive oil, panko bread crumbs, dried parsley, fresh chives, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, large egg, whole wheat burger bun. Serve the tuna burgers slathered with the Spicy Sriracha Mayo, lettuce leaves and tomato slices on the toasted, seeded hamburger buns, paired with the dry Riesling. Tuna burgers to the rescue when you need dinner in a hurry and you're drawing a blank! Grab a can of tuna from the cupboard and you're mostly done.
Sophie's Tuna burgers instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°c..
- Blend ingredients together. I prefer to pulse it so that some of the tuna isn't completely blended, leaving a few chunkier bits. You could also add some of the tuna after blending everything else if you prefer..
- Shape into two patties. I made mine square, as I didn't have any buns and was using bread..
- Place a baking tray that you've spritzed with cooking spray. Bake for 10 mins, or until hot through and slightly crispy to the touch. Be careful not to over bake..
Some dill olive mayo takes it over the top! Sophie's Kitchen has a newer product that is vegan, plant-based canned tuna fish—and it's selling very well You Can Now Buy Cans of Vegan "Tuna" at Whole Foods. A crisp, acidic coleslaw balances the rich meatiness of the tuna. Download Tuna burger stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. It was the band's first studio album, the previous two being live recordings.