Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Rice Salad
Rice Salad. A delicious cold rice salad recipe given to me by my sister who lived in Louisville, Kentucky for many years. It's one of my favorite side dishes in the spring and summer. This is a very flexible recipe.
Find different types of salad with brown, wild and white rice, as well as rice salads with chicken, fish and other types of meat. Find delicious rice salad recipes including wild rice salads, brown rice salads, and more rice salad recipes and ideas. Rice Salad, Indian Style: Use brown or white basmati rice. You can cook Rice Salad using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice Salad
- Prepare 500 g of Cooked Rice *Japanese Short Grain Rice (Sushi Rice) recommended.
- It’s 1/2 of Continental Cucumber OR 1 Lebanese.
- It’s 1 of Capsicum.
- Prepare 1/4 of Red Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Corn Kennels.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cooked Edamame removed from pods.
- You need of Olives 8 *pitted, halved.
- Prepare of Other Suggestions: Tomato, Semi-dried Tomatoes, Lettuce, Beans, Celery, Peas, Carrot, etc.
- You need of <Dressing Ingredients>.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Rice Vinegar / White Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1/2-1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- It’s of Freshly Cracked Pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard *optional.
Made with tomatoes, capsicum / bell peppers, red onion, corn, beans and coriander/cilantro, Cowboy Caviar is dressed with a fairly sweet vinaigrette then served as a salad or salsa for scooping up with. For dressing, place first seven ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. In a large bowl, toss long grain rice and wild rice with dressing. Stir cucumbers, green onions, parsley, basil and pepper into rice mixture.
Rice Salad instructions
- Cut up all vegetables into small pieces. Add a pinch of Salt and toss and mix..
- Place all vegetables and the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. If you use frozen peas and corn, you don’t need to thaw them..
- Add the cooked Rice, still warm is fine, and mix well and serve OR cool completely before serve..
Stir in pecans just before serving. If I am making rice for a meal, I always double the amount so that I can use it to make this amazing summer salad. This is a real flavor sensation – it combines the sweetness of pineapple and sultanas with crunchy corn and capsicum. It's so easy to make too. Lightly toss all ingredients to mix well, and sprinkle with salt to taste.