Recipe: Appetizing skye's strawberry, spinach & brown rice salad
skye's strawberry, spinach & brown rice salad. Great recipe for skye's strawberry, spinach & brown rice salad. total yummy goodness. easy to make. and had just enough sweetness from the berries. mmmmm. awesome on a hot day for a quick lunch. The smoothie consisted of cut up pieces of strawberry, spinach leaves, some frozen banana and salted caramel flavour lean protein powder. Skye also planned to add pure honey and crunchy peanut butter.
It can reach heights of one meter and is entirely edible from roots to seeds. The tender leaves are slightly thinner than traditional spinach varieties, with a similar taste and slightly earthy finish.. Heirloom This ancient plant was re-discovered growing at old monasteries and is popular in Europe. You can have skye's strawberry, spinach & brown rice salad using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of skye's strawberry, spinach & brown rice salad
- You need 1 cup of cooked long grain brown rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced strawberries.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped fresh spinach.
- Prepare 2 of scallions sliced into rings.
Triangular shaped, bite-sized, saw-toothed leaves, have a spinach flavor and are great in salads. Let it flower and it produces slightly sweet, minute strawberry-like fruit at every leaf axle that adds a bright, unique de Strawberry spinach has in fact little to do with strawberries and more so to do with spinach. This wonderful herb is in fact related to spinach but its berries do not share anything with strawberries other than their color. What's great about strawberry spinach is that you can eat the little berries as well as the leaves.
skye's strawberry, spinach & brown rice salad instructions
- I always have cooked brown rice in my refrigerator. however… if you don't… cook 2 servings worth according to package instructions and allow to cool..
- next… slice and chop your fruits and veggies and add then to the cooled rice..
- for the dressing… I like to use a couple tablespoons of "sweet and sour poppy seed". but you can use your own favorite dressing that goes well with berries. or even olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a pinch of sea salt & pepper to taste..
- simple.. fresh… and totally yummy on a warm day for an easy lunch or side dish for dinner. enjoy!.
The leaves have a very wild, slightly sweet taste, while the berries are. This strawberry spinach smoothie tastes just like a strawberry smoothie but you get all the benefits of fruit, dark leafy greens and dairy. With a few simple ingredients, most of which you can keep on hand, you can create a delicious smoothie in only a few minutes. Strawberry spinach (Chenopodium capitatum, Blitum capitatum) is a fun edible that I've enjoyed in my garden for many years. Both the leaves and berries are edible.