How to Make Perfect Kofta Curry
Kofta Curry. Beef Kofta Curry, or simply kofte, is a classic Pakistani and Indian curry made of tender meatballs simmered in a spicy, flavorful sauce. Learn how to make Tasty Kofta Curry. Very easy step by step video recipe.
You can use any ground meat to make this – I personally prefer beef or lamb when making. In this Lauki Kofta Curry recipe, deep-fried koftas (round shaped deep fried spicy dumplings) made of This step by step photo recipe explains the entire process of how to make lauki kofta and how to. This lamb kofta curry is an easy lamb kofta meatballs recipe for a simple low calorie midweek meal. You can cook Kofta Curry using 32 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kofta Curry
- It’s of For the meatballs:.
- Prepare 1 of small onion (120 grams after peeling) roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of green chilli pepper stem removed and roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of mint leaves optional.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed ginger.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 tbsp of chickpea flour also called gram flour or besan.
- It’s 1 of egg lightly whisked.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of each(cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, and garam masala).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of For the curry:.
- It’s 1 of large onion roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium (or 3 small) tomatoesroughly chopped.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 3 of whole cloves.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1-2 of green cardamom pods.
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic crushed.
- You need 1/2 inch of piece ginger crushed.
- It’s 3 tbsp of plain whole milk yogurt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika powder (regular or smoked) (optional).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
Spice up your midweek meal with our homemade lamb koftas nestled in a fragrant curry. The koftas (meatballs) in this curry dish can be made with beef, lamb or chicken. Learn how to cook kofta and pair it with rice and kachumbar salad. Kofta is meatballs in the cuisines of South Asia & the Middle East the Balkans and Central Asia.
Kofta Curry step by step
- Combine the onion, green chilli pepper, cilantro leaves, and mint leaves (if using) in a food processor..
- Use the pulse function to chop so that the onions are finely chopped but not blended. You don’t want the onions to break down too much and release water..
- Then add the rest of the ingredients listed under meatballs (including the meat) and process to combine for about 30 seconds or just until mixed..
- Using a bit of oil to grease your hands, form into meatballs about 1 ½ inch in diameter. It should make around 25 meatballs. Set aside..
- For Curry: Rinse your food processor. Then use the pulse function again to chop the onion..
- Remove and set aside..
- Then chop the tomatoes and green chilli pepper. Set aside..
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed pan over high heat..
- Add the oil and whole spices, and allow them to sizzle for a few seconds..
- Then add the chopped onion and sauté, stirring often, for 7-8 minutes, or until golden. Lower the heat to medium-high..
- Add the garlic and ginger & sauté another 2 minutes, until the onions have deepened even more in colour..
- Add the tomatoes and green chilli pepper mixture, followed by the yogurt, spices and salt..
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the oil starts to separate from the mixture..
- Add 2 cups water and rise the heat to bring to a boil..
- When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat to the lowest setting. Once it has stopped boiling, arrange the kofte in a single layer..
- Rise the heat to medium, cover and allow it to cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and gently stir the kofte..
- Lower the heat to low-medium. Cover and allow it to simmer for another 35 minutes, stirring once in between, until cooked through..
- Sauté to evaporate water to make the kofte to desired consistency..
- Taste and add salt, if needed. Sprinkle in garam masala..
- Serve hot with Naan..
It is very simple recipe is kofta curry means meatballs made with beef, chicken, lamb mix with spices… Kofta curry Recipe is spicy gravy dish made with delicious mince meat balls. It is commonly consumed in Pakistan and India. Curry or gravy is prepared with fried onions and tomatoes having spices like. Vegetable Kofta Curry is an exotic Indian gravy dish that comprises of two parts Kofta and the curry. The Kofta's which are basically balls made out of minced veggies and spices that are deep/shallow.