Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Black rice & quinoa salad
Black rice & quinoa salad. Find Deals on Rice Black in Beans & Grains on Amazon. Save On Grocery Grains & Rice. This type of rice is usually sold 'un-milled', with the husk intact.
Black rice gets its signature black-purple color from a pigment called. Black rice is one of the handful of superfoods. This rice is so flavorful and has a very unique presentation as it cooks up to a deep purple color. You can cook Black rice & quinoa salad using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black rice & quinoa salad
- It’s of I cup of black rice & 1 cup of quinoa cook in rice cooker.
- It’s 2 Bunches of garlic stems.
- You need of Walnuts.
- It’s of Oyster sauce.
- You need of Sesame oil or olive oil.
This rice goes great with just about any meal as a nice healthy side. I love to make it with salmon and a side of fresh veggies. Black rice is a range of rice types of the species Oryza sativa, some of which are glutinous rice. Black rice is also known as 'Forbidden Rice' in ancient China since only those belonging to the upper class could afford to eat it.
Black rice & quinoa salad step by step
- Wash black rice & put in quinoa after washing. Cook everything in rice cooker.
- On small fry pan. Put some sesame oil & chopped garlic stems. Add approx. 1 table spoon oyster sauce. Stir and add walnuts last. Stir some more to mix sauce with walnuts.
- Once rice & quinoa finished cooking. Mix the stir fry veggies with the rice & enjoy! Simple, easy, and delicious! :).
There are several varieties of black rice available today. These include Indonesian black rice, Philippine balatinaw rice, and Thai jasmine black rice. It can be completely black or more of a dark purple or burgundy with some multicolored kernels. Why we ALL should be eating Forbidden Black Rice! A healthy, vegan, gluten-free side dish full of powerful health benefits: Black rice the most nutritious rice you can get- the highest protein, the lowest carbs, and the lowest calories compared to other rice!