Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali)
Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali). However this Bali Sate Lilit is the specialty of Bali Island in Indonesia, and is made a bit different than what you might expect. Most satay is simply pieces of meat stuck through with a wooden skewer and then grilled over an open flame. They can be served with a variety of sauces such as peanut dipping sauce, sambal, Thai chili and more.
Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali) This is originally from Bali. I've never been to Bali myself, but I did ask around and did a mini research of how this s. more Indah NQ Ahmed Indonesia Sate lilit Bali (Balinese Minced Seafood Satay) is probably one of the most popular authentic Balinese Dishes apart from Suckling Pig (Babi Guling) and Bebek Betutu. Even sometimes Sate lilit is served as accompaniment for Suckling Pig and other Balinese Dishes. You can have Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali)
- You need 1 of medium size mackerel or seabass fillet.
- You need 100 gram of chicken (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded young coconut (made from 1/4 coconut).
- It’s 10 grams of coriander powder.
- It’s 4 of shallot.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 4 pcs of dried candlenuts.
- It’s 4 of turmeric (each thumb sized).
- Prepare 2 of red peppers.
- Prepare 1 of small chili pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 10 pcs of lemongrass.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
It is made either from pork, beef, chicken and seafood. Introducing Sate Lilit: These bite-sized Balinese morsels are going to change your life. Made with minced pork (or tuna or chicken), these easy Balinese Satays are packed with a mouthwatering Balinese spice paste known as Basa Genap. Add salt & sugar to taste.
Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali) step by step
- In a food processor put the spices, sugar, and salt (except lemon grass) and grind until soft and no big chunks or lumps, set aside.
- Use food processor again and grind the fish fillet and chicken together until soft and tender.
- Sauté the ground spices using vegetable oil until the flavour comes out and greasy.
- Inside a medium bowl, put the shredded coconut and sautéd spices together and mix gently until the shredded coconut turns yellowish.
- In the same bowl add in the ground fish and mix them altogether by hand until the texture is blended properly. The heat from the hand helps the mixture blend faster and create a sticky and greasy dough.
- Prepare the lemon grass and stick the satay dough on it like a skewer. Make sure you press hard enough to let no air between the skewer and the dough.
- Grill the satay or panfry it on a nonsticky pan (low heat) 2 mins each side and ocasionally put butter on it until golden brown.
- Serve with sambal matah or sambal kecap as the condiments 😉.
Our version of Airfry Balinese Satay Lilit (or Balinese Sate Lilit) is wrapped around wooden skewers as it is readily available. It is also cheaper as compared to sugar cane or lemongrass stalks. Sate Lilit Ayam (Balinese Chicken Satay) Meat on a stick is one of Chad's favorite foods, so I picked out a recipe from the Sate section to try out. Sate was introduced to Indonesia by South Indians, but it has adapted into countless possibilities based on the region, religion, and available ingredients. Misalnya bisa dibuat dengan daging sapi, udang, tahu, daging ayam ataupun ikan, seperti pada Resep Sate Lilit Ikan Khas Bali.