Easiest Way to Make Yummy Braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn
Braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn. Add fresh chilli, parmesan and a dab of creamy butter to your sweetcorn for a taste sensation. Heat the butter then add the Parmesan Cheese, parsley and chilli. Begin by making the pickled padron peppers.
Scallops are one of the most delicious foods if seared properly, and the addition of peppers and onions complements them quite well. Pimiento de Padron is a healthy, fast-growing plant that was very quick to produce tasty little peppers (when cooked). It's constantly producing peppers, which makes it very fun and rewarding to grow. You can have Braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn
- You need 3 of fresh mackerel.
- You need 8 of scallops.
- Prepare 1 packet of padron peppers.
- Prepare 2 of sweet corn.
- Prepare 1 of aubergine.
- Prepare 2 of Lemons.
- Prepare 1 bunch of thyme.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Good sea salt.
Learn how to make Grilled scallops with corn and asparagus & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Their texture is slightly chewier than bay scallops and they're also a bit sweeter. Creamy corn sprinkled with a crunchy topping makes a delicious side dish for roasted chicken, pork and beef. MORE+ LESS For a homey southern meal, serve this corn casserole with a ham steak or fried chicken.
Braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn instructions
- Light the BBQ and wait for the coals to turn white.
- Wrap the sweet corn in tin foil with some chilli flakes and some butter. Place adjacent to the coals under the grill.
- Make a marinade for the mackerel from rosemary, crushed garlic, olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice and pepper. Rub on the fish.
- Slice the aubergine lengthways into flat strips. Season the peppers and aubergine with oil, salt and pepper. Place on the grill, turn once blackened.
- TIP: Slice a lemon and place on the Braai. Cook the mackerel on top to stop it from sticking and to impart flavour..
- In the last couple minutes sear the scallops on a hot part of the grill..
- Season the padron peppers with salt. Serve and enjoy. 😋.
I've tried frying Padrón peppers in pure, smoking hot olive oil, but the high heat produces a more intense peppery, pungent flavor in the softer and sweeter Spanish Arbequina olive oil I prefer to use for this dish. It's a characteristic that's not necessarily bad in all contexts, and one that with a more. Chef Todd Gray demonstrates how to prepare Pan Seared Sea Scallops with sweet corn and red peppers. Dried sweet corn is a wholesome dish that lends itself for use in many different corn recipes. What was once gently roasted, nutty, chewy and sweet is now nothing but an overly roasted and mealy porridge.