Easiest Way to Make Delicious Jollof Rice & Beans, wif salad
Jollof Rice & Beans, wif salad. Find Deals on Jollof Rice Nigerian in Groceries on Amazon. The carrots and peas are optional for jollof rice. And the chicken can be cooked seperately from the rice and the broth added in with the tomatoes. the chicken can go in at the end.
It is also called 'reddish one-pot dish' and varies in these countries. Because Jollof Rice is Bae, and much loved South of the Sahara and along the coast of West Africa. Spiced and stewed in a flavorful tomato broth, it is everything from "everyday" to celebration. You can cook Jollof Rice & Beans, wif salad using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jollof Rice & Beans, wif salad
- Prepare of Rice.
- You need of Dried fish.
- You need of Beans.
- Prepare of Pepper & onions mix.
- Prepare of Maggie/seasonings.
- It’s of G/oil.
- You need of Salad.
- You need of Lettuce.
- It’s of Strong tomatoes.
- Prepare of Sliced onions.
- It’s of Baked beans.
- It’s of Mayonnaise.
The classic version is cooked with long-grain rice (Uncle Ben's/Carolina's) and seasoned with Nigerian-style curry powder and dried thyme. Served with fried, ripe plantains which we call. West African Jollof Rice is superb! I grew up eating this rice and every eaten at every party where the host is west african.
Jollof Rice & Beans, wif salad instructions
- Add a clean water into a pot, and allow to boil, add beans, boiled it half cooked. add your rice, salt, parboiled them all together..
- Strain inside a clean basket, and Set aside..
- Heat your veg oil, add the pepper & onions mix, stir- fry..
- Add your hot water a little, bcos we hve parboiled the rice already. add Maggie & seasonings, add your dried fish, and allow to boil..
- After that, add the parboiled rice and beans, allow the water to soaked, and well cooked all together..
- Sliced your onions and add..
- Cut your lettuce into sliced, tomatoes, onions..
- Yummy, served with baked beans..
Every west african country has its own version, however this is the best! Add the rice, mixed vegetables, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with foil and a lid. The Nigerian rice recipe discussed here is the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice prepared at parties. This is the most popular Nigerian rice recipe.