Recipe: Yummy Fish Fry (Mackerel/Bangda/Ayla)
Fish Fry (Mackerel/Bangda/Ayla). Learn how to fry Bangda fish at home in quick and easy way with Chef Varun Inamdar Bangda fry is a crispy fish fry dish made from marinating Mackerel fish. Fry the fish in a low medium flame. Fry them very well on both sides till it gets cooked and looks brown and crispy.
Bangda tawa fry, Indian Mackerel fish fry recipe with photos. So tawa fry means frying food items over it using oil on medium to high flame. Bangda fish in English is called as Mackerel fish. You can have Fish Fry (Mackerel/Bangda/Ayla) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish Fry (Mackerel/Bangda/Ayla)
- It’s 2 of Mackerel Fish.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Rava.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rice flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chaat masala (optional).
- It’s 1 pinch of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need of Lemon juice.
It is very popular in the coastal part of India mainly Maharashtra, Goa, Banglore and other coastal parts. Mackerel Fish Fry or Ayala Fry is prepared by marinating the fish pieces with spices and then shallow frying them. Mackerel is known as Ayala in Malayalam and Bangda in Hindi. This fish is available in abundance across the coastal belts of the Arabian sea – especially Kerala, Mumbai, and Goa.
Fish Fry (Mackerel/Bangda/Ayla) step by step
- Clean and wash the fish properly. Add salt and lemon juice to the fish and keep it aside for 10 minutes and again wash and pat dry on a kitchen towel. Make the slits to a fish for coating the masala well..
- Take a wide plate add all dry masala, rava, rice flour, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and mix it well..
- Now take the fish and rub the masala to each side and in slits also. Keep the fish in fridge for 15 minutes..
- Heat a grill pan or tava. Drizzle some oil and shallow fry the fish. Let it cook from one side then only turn it to other or else it will stick to the pan if turned quickly then cook from other side as well till its golden in colour..
- Serve hot with lemon and onion rings and also can garnish it with coriander leaves and some chaat masala..
This Mackerel Fish fry is a Maharastrian Style , Bangda fish fry. Hence to bring those well balanced flavours of Maharashtra cuisine , I have used Kokum petals in this recipe. A unique taste and flavors comes to this fish by adding kokum petals into marination. This fried fish recipe of mackerel is ready in minutes. With no marination time, no fuss no muss recipe with just a few spices but tastes heavenly.