Recipe: Perfect Chirashi Sushi (Sushi for Dolls' Day)
Chirashi Sushi (Sushi for Dolls' Day). Chirashi Sushi is served on happy occasions and at parties in Japan. This bright and colorful dish is made of sushi rice with a variety of vegetables mixed in, and toppings sprinkled over the top. The dishes you see in Japanese restaurants outside of Japan is just a tiny, tiny collection of what we eat in.
This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. Prepare the toppings of your choice, scatter them on sushi rice, and voila! My Scattered Sushi toppings are easy to prepare. You can cook Chirashi Sushi (Sushi for Dolls' Day) using 39 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chirashi Sushi (Sushi for Dolls' Day)
- Prepare of Sushi Rice.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of Rice (cooked with kombu and two tablespoons of sake).
- Prepare 100 ml of Vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Ingredients (for the shiitake mushrooms).
- Prepare 6 slice of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 100 ml of Dashi stock.
- You need 100 ml of The soaking liquid from the dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Ingredients (for the lotus root).
- Prepare 150 grams of Lotus root (thin).
- You need 200 ml of Water (A).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vinegar (A).
- Prepare 100 ml of Water (B).
- It’s 100 ml of Vinegar (B).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar (B).
- You need of Ingredients (for the burdock root).
- You need 30 cm of Burdock root.
- It’s 100 ml of Dashi stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 tsp of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- Prepare of Ingredients (for the kampyo, aburaage & carrots).
- You need 20 grams of Kampyo (dried).
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 2 slice of Aburaage.
- Prepare 400 ml of Dashi stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- Prepare of ●Decorations.
- Prepare 6 of Shrimp.
- You need 2 of Conger eel (covered in sauce).
- It’s 6 of eggs Kinshi tamago.
- It’s 18 of Snow peas.
- You need 1 of half a fish Vinegared mackerel.
- Prepare 1 can of Arch shells.
- You need 1 of pre-shredded is fine Toasted nori seaweed.
So without further ado, let's learn how to make Chirashi sushi the best way. It is traditionally celebrated with chirashi sushi, which is also known as mixed or scattered sushi. Chirashi sushi is also referred to as bara sushi in. Traditionally sushi rice is used, and chirashi rice contains more rice vinegar than is used in sushi maki rolls and nigiri.
Chirashi Sushi (Sushi for Dolls' Day) instructions
- Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in water overnight to reconstitute, then simmer with dashi stock and sugar. Once the broth is half done, add soy sauce and simmer until the liquid is reduced. Finish over high heat..
- For the vinegared lotus root, first soak in vinegar water (A) and turn on the heat after letting sit for 15 minutes. Once they become transparent, soak in the sweet vinegar mixture (B)..
- Thinly shave the burdock root and soak in water for 10 minutes. Remove the scum and cook over medium heat with dashi stock, mirin, and usukuchi light soy sauce. Simmer until most of the sauce has reduced!.
- Reconstitute the kampyo in lukewarm water and boil the aburaage for 2 minutes to remove excess oil. Put the dashi stock and other ingredients in a pot and simmer until most of the broth has reduced..
- Devein the shrimp, stab with toothpicks to straighten, then cook!.
- Storebought conger eel is just fine! Get ones already covered with sauce. Cover with more sauce and grill!.
- The shredded omlets are made with 6 eggs. Add a pinch of salt and fry in vegetable oil!.
- Remove the stems from the snow peas, blanch in salted hot water, and finely slice..
- I make the vinegared mackerel myself, but I'll show you how to do that here again another time!.
- I definitely want you to add canned arch shells (aka gai). Pour out the liquid and mix it in with the sushi rice..
- Make 3 cups of rice! Add 10 cm of kombu and 2 tablespoons of sake and cook! Add vinegar right after it finishes cooking while it's still hot..
- Once the sushi rice cools to body temperature, add the ingredients! (The flavor won't hold together if it cools too much!) Top with the decorations and, yes! You're done!.
- It's perfect paired with clear hamaguri clam soup!.
The rice needs to be made ahead and cooled before using. When buying seafood, please buy sushi-quality fish at your local Asian market and make sure it is the freshest quality. At most sushi restaurants this means covering the rice with slices of various raw fish, but that's not always how it's made. Growing up my mom used to make a. For those of you that have never had it, chirashi sushi i a bowl of vinegared sushi rice topped with a bunch of colorful stuff.