How to Make Perfect Easy Cod and Hamaguri Clam Acqua Pazza
Easy Cod and Hamaguri Clam Acqua Pazza. Great recipe for Easy Cod and Hamaguri Clam Acqua Pazza. Our family's acqua pazza when the clams are cheap. I used cod this time because it was cheap, but if you use red sea bream it becomes very rich and tasty!
Pat the fish dry and sprinkle one side with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Easy Cod and Hamaguri Clam Acqua Pazza step by step. You can have Easy Cod and Hamaguri Clam Acqua Pazza using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Cod and Hamaguri Clam Acqua Pazza
- You need 2 fillets of Cod (also good with sea bream, Spanish mackerel, or horse mackerel).
- You need 10 of ★ Hamaguri Clams (Manila or asari clams also ok).
- It’s 10 of ★ Cherry tomatoes.
- You need 3 of ★ Asparagus.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 100 ml of White wine.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Krazy Salt (seasoned salt mix).
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of Lemon.
Smoothen the asparagus with a peeler and chop diagonally. Immerse clam in water and rinse thoroughly. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and heat garlic until fragrant. Grill one side of the cod.
Easy Cod and Hamaguri Clam Acqua Pazza instructions
- Mince garlic. Chop cherry tomatoes in half. Smoothen the asparagus with a peeler and chop diagonally. Immerse clam in water and rinse thoroughly..
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and heat garlic until fragrant. Grill one side of the cod. I made 3 servings in the picture above..
- If you are using fresh cod or sea bream, make sure to marinate the fillets with salt..
- When one side is browned, flip it over. Add white wine and boil over high heat to evaporate the alcohol. Add water and ★ ingredients. Cover the pan and simmer over high heat..
- When the hamaguri clams open up, season with Krazy salt and black pepper. Drizzle on the extra virgin olive oil..
- Sprinkle the dried parsley. Arrange on a plate and top with sliced lemon..
Cooking fish in Acqua Pazza, or "crazy water" is a great way to ensure you end up with a moist, tasty dish. This recipe was created after a trip to Italy many years ago, where the little tomatoes, or pomodorini are used in the sauce to cook the fish. We used cod in this recipe, but you could use any meaty whitefish fillets. Heat a braiser or straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, red onion, fennel and pepper flakes to the pan.