Recipe: Yummy Grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert
Grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert. The grass jelly dessert we assembled for the photographs in this post includes But you can create a grass jelly dessert from whatever ingredients you like, based on your own personal preferences and diet. Black turtle jelly with taro, sago and coconut milk Guilin style as served in a Guilin restaurant. Grass Jelly is a refreshing vegetarian jelly with a glassy smooth texture.
Tapioca is made from the starch of cassava, a root crop grown mainly in Africa and South Asia. The tapioca balls used in bubble tea, also Grass jelly, a slightly sweet dark burgundy gelatin, is one of the substitutes for boba now showing up in the U. It is made from stalks of the mesona chineensis. You can cook Grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert
- It’s 1 can of grass jelly, diced and cubed (from fridge).
- You need 1 can of lychees, sliced in half (from fridge).
- It’s of To cook sago:.
- It’s 50 g of sago.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of water.
- Prepare of To cook tapioca pearls:.
- Prepare 80 g of tapioca pearls.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar (cooking the tapioca pearls, add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need of To cook the glutinous rice balls:.
- It’s 10-15 of glutinous rice balls.
- It’s of Water for cooking the glutinous rice balls (enough to cover).
- Prepare of Winter melon syrup:.
- It’s 1 can of winter melon drink (from fridge).
- You need of Water (to dilute winter melon drink, add as much or little depending on sweetness preference).
A black herbal Asian grass jelly dessert or leung fan recipe has step by step photos to show how to make it from scratch. Enjoy this homemade from scratch grass jelly dessert recipe! Also, check out these black glutinous rice dessert, white rabbit candy ice cream and black sesame soup Asian. Ebony n Ivory Dessert (Grass Jelly and Tapioca Pearls Dessert). [I ate] icy grass jelly with taro balls and sweet potato balls with creamer (Taiwanese dessert).
Grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert instructions
- Open the can of grass jelly and drain the liquid. Place grass jelly on a large chopping board and slice into cubes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- Open the can of lychees and drain the syrup. Slice the lychees in half and transfer into a bowl. Then set aside..
- In a small sauce pan on medium to low heat, pour in water and sago. Stir the sago so it doesn’t stick. Cook sago until the pearls become completely translucent. Once sago is cooked, immediately pour sago into a sieve and run under cold water few times. Transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- In a small sauce pan on medium to low heat, pour in water and bring water to boil. Then pour in tapioca pearls along with the sugar. Cook pearls for 5 minutes or as instructed on the package. The pearls will float to the top of the saucepan. Once pearls are cooked, immediately pour pearls into a sieve and run under cold water few times. Transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- In a small sauce pan on medium to low heat, pour in water and bring water to boil. Place rice balls into the sauce pan. Occassionally stir the rice balls. Cook for 3 minutes or until the rice balls float to the top. Once rice balls are cooked, immediately pour into a sieve and run under cold water few times. Transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- To assemble the dessert, in a large bowl, place grass jelly, lychees. Then add the winter melon drink along with water. Stir well and taste the syrup to see if too sweet. Tip: Winter melon always needs to be diluted down as it is naturally overly sweet. Once to desired sweetness, add the tapioca pearls, sago and glutinous rice balls..
- Give everything a good mix to incorporate all of the ingredients. Tip: if you prefer the dessert colder, add a few ice cubes or shaved into the bowl and stir. Using a ladle transfer the dessert into bowls and eat. It can also be served with fresh fruits on the side such as mangoes..
Grass Jelly, Mango, Lychee with Thai Basil Seeds. Cold & refreshing dessert with sweet mangoes! Tapioca Salad – Soaked Sago pearls or tapioca is sauteed with bite size potatoes, peanuts and mild spices. Guinataang Halo Halo – Bananas, Glutinous Rice Balls, Sweet Potatoes, Taro, Tapioca Pearls and. Grass jelly, or leaf jelly or herb jelly, is a jelly-like dessert eaten in East and Southeast Asia.