Recipe: Delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Banana Upside Down Cake
Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Banana Upside Down Cake. I used ancient grains gluten free. This Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake has a layer of bananas and coconut with a brown sugar sauce infusing every bite. Technically this is a dessert but for some reason, probably because bananas are involved, I know I'll find a way to serve it up for breakfast or brunch.
This upside down cake is so good. I wish I had better words for it but my brain comatose with chocolate. If I were to sum up what I learned today, it's that. You can cook Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Banana Upside Down Cake using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Banana Upside Down Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of almond flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white rice flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sweet sorghum flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of GF arrowroot flour/starch.
- It’s 2 tsp. of GF baking powder (preferably aluminum-free).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Xanthan gum.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of Himalayan fine salt.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Pure vanilla extract.
- You need 2 oz. of roughly chopped GF chocolate.
- Prepare For of chocolate banana topping:.
- It’s 2 of Bananas, sliced to about 1/4-inch thick circles.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of Coconut sugar, divided.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Pure Cocoa Powder.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of Unsalted butter, melted.
This impressive, addictive upside-down banana cake recipe will have you go bananas. Deep, rich and intensely chocolatey, this gluten free chocolate fudge cake is for the chocolate lovers who live among us. I took a good, long look at an (apparently) fabled Wellesley Fudge Cake (that I had never before heard of), and made the cake into a deeper chocolate. This stunning upside-down cake makes a great cooking project for teen cooks.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Banana Upside Down Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 F Spray an 8-inch round by 3-inch high sides pan with cooking oil and line the bottom with parchment paper circle For the banana chocolate topping; sprinkle the bottom of the pan with 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar, layer with banana slices and sprinkle with cocoa, remaining sugar and drizzle with melted butter. Set aside For the cake; whisk together flours, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, coconut sugar, and olive oil until creamy. Beat in milk, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine Pour batter over the top of the bananas and scatter with chocolate chunks. Using a knife swirl the chocolate chunks throughout the batter. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes. Using a knife loosen the edges of the cake, then place a plate over the top and flip the pan. Peel off the parchment paper.
Double Chocolate Toffee Marshmallow Ice Cream. Slice banana halves, in half length wise. Place banana quarters, cut side down, into the pan, forming Mix cake mix with butter, rum and milk, according to package directions. Pour over bananas in cake pan. The pineapple upside down cake's (delicious) step sister.