Recipe: Yummy Pico De Gallo Chicken Salad
Pico De Gallo Chicken Salad. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle spice mixture on all sides. Remove salads from the refrigerator and top with sliced avocado, chicken, and pico de gallo. This Southwest Chicken Salad with fresh pico de gallo is just that dish to break out of that fall/winter eating rut.
However my family likes more cilantro flavor so I used a half bunch and added fresh lime juice and minced garlic rather than powder. Yummy with chips tacos or even mixed into bland chicken salad. Top each plate with chicken salad. You can have Pico De Gallo Chicken Salad using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pico De Gallo Chicken Salad
- You need 1 can of Black Beans drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of sweet corn or grilled corn.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 of Jalapeno, deseeded & minced.
- You need 2 clove of fresh garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro, minced.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Cumin.
- You need 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Prepare 2 of Grilled Chicken Breasts, cut bite sized.
Top the each serving of chicken salad with ¼ C of the pico de gallo. You can serve in traditional taco shells or tortilla shells if you prefer. In Mexican cuisine Pico de Gallo is a fresh, uncooked salad made of chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro, fresh chilli peppers and lime juice. Pineapple Pico de Gallo is a popular variation where fresh or grilled pineapple chunks are added to make the salad juicier and to add a different flavour dimension to it.
Pico De Gallo Chicken Salad instructions
- Place the black beans, corn, tomato, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and chicken into a large bowl..
- Mix together.
- Add the lime juice and cumin and mix well..
- Cover and refrigerate a few hours to allow the flavors to mingle and fiesta..
- Serve cold and enjoy as is, or on tortilla chips, nachos, etc..
- ** For the chicken I made cilantro lime chicken. Marinade for at least 20 minutes..
- Marinade: 1/4c lime juice, 1/3c cilantro, 2 1/2 TBSP Olive oil, 1/2 TBSP Cumin and brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder..
Get Pico De Gallo Recipe from Food Network. Lay the chicken in a baking dish. Sprinkle with cumin, garlic, salt & pepper. Cover the chicken with pico de Gallo and top with cheese. Pico de Gallo salad made with fresh tomatoes, red onions, jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice.