Recipe: Tasty Grandma Kathy's broccoli-bacon pasta
Grandma Kathy's broccoli-bacon pasta. A helped up bend on a family most loved formula. Crunchy Honeycrisp apples are combined with broccoli, sunflower seeds, raisins and bacon—an ideal dish to bring to a picnic or gathering! Creamy Broccoli and Bacon Pasta – No Cream Required.
Those who like their bacon so well done it's on the border The key to making this One-Pot Bacon Broccoli Pasta successfully is that we cook the bacon, drain it, then cook the rest of the dish in the same pan. Bacon broccoli pasta probably isn't something you'd expect to see here… yet here we are. Remember a few months ago I first started making this pasta back in March, before I even started the book tour for The Pretty Dish! You can have Grandma Kathy's broccoli-bacon pasta using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma Kathy's broccoli-bacon pasta
- Prepare 12 oz of gemelli or rotini pasta.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salted butter.
- It’s 3 cups of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of salted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of finely shredded parmesan.
- It’s 6 oz of cooked chicken, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
It's one of those recipes that you can throw together. Kathy's has long been a local gathering place for food, friends and wine. It is with this simple thought in mind that we invite you to join us to experience authentic Italian dishes and be a part. Place pasta in a large bowl and add the broccoli, cheese, sunflower seeds, and bacon.
Grandma Kathy's broccoli-bacon pasta step by step
- Cook pasta according to package directions..
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in large skillet. Saute broccoli in butter until crisp tender, about 5 minutes..
- Place cream and remaining butter in small sauce pan. Cook on medium-low heat until butter is melted..
- Stir parmesan into sauce until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Pour sauce over pasta. Stir in broccoli, chicken, bacon, and garlic salt..
Roasted broccoli, crispy bacon and hearty pasta make one helluva salad. Serve it as a side dish or a main dish—your call. Now ReadingRoasted Broccoli and Bacon Pasta Salad. Cook pasta according to the directions on the packet. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.