How to Prepare Delicious Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta
Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta. Tomato Bacon Pasta is a quintessential example of how to make a quick pasta dish that's totally slurp-worthy with just a few ingredients. All you need is bacon, canned tomato, pasta and a few pantry staples! Quick pasta recipes are a midweek lifesaver.
Guy uses bacon and tomato to make a light, slightly spicy sauce for pasta. Bacon and stewed tomatoes are the base for this spaghetti dish. I was looking for a recipe with stuff I had at home as I didn't feel like going to the store. You can cook Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta
- It’s 500 of g- Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of crushed garlic or 2 cloves of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Small onion.
- It’s Dash of cream.
- Prepare 5 of Fresh basil leaves/ tsp of dried mixed herbs also works well.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil all though any oil works well.
- It’s 1 Packet of diced bacon (250g).
- You need 4 of Any pasta- Macaroni/ Spaghetti ect- Enough for.
I entered pasta tomato cheese and bacon in ingredients and this recipe came up. Tip the roasted tomatoes, garlic and bacon into a sieve set over a bowl. Whisk the remaining balsamic vinegar into the drained roasting juices and season Toss the tomatoes, garlic, bacon, beans, peas and parsley through the pasta and scatter over the pea shoots, if using. Tantalize your tastebuds with spicy bacon, roasted tomatoes and spinach kissed zucchini noodles!
Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta step by step
- Put tomatoes into an oven proof dish with enough oil to cover the tomatoes nicely. Then add the herbs, salt and pepper enough to coat the tomatoes. If you using fresh basil don't add it now..
- Place the tomatoes into the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Roast the tomatoes until they have reduced into a sticky paste. The longer they roast the richer the flavour, but remove as soon as they start to get charred..
- When the tomatoes are nearly ready to be removed from the oven. Start frying the onion and garlic. Place a finely chopped onion into a pot with the garlic with a bit of oil so not to stick. Sweat the onion and garlic down until slightly translucent..
- Once the tomatoes are roasted down add them to the onion and garlic in the pot (If you using fresh basil, chop and add it now). Add a bit of water to soften the paste and cook for another 20 mins. Keep topping up with water if the mixture starts to stick..
- At the same time as you cook the tomatoes, onions and garlic start cooking your pasta. Generally the instructions on how to cook specifically will be on the packing. Do not over cook as mushy pasta is the worst..
- While that is all going on in another pan cook the bacon in a little bit of oil until crisp..
- Once your tomatoes are resembling a beautifully red thick sauce, take off the heat and blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender it's not essential, a chunky sauce is also great. Once blended add a dash of cream and the bacon and stir together..
- Once your pasta is done. Toss the pasta in the sauce. Don't over toss, you don't want mushy pasta..
- And you're done and can now enjoy your beautifully flavourful pasta!!.
- Note: You can use this roasted tomato sauce to elevate your mince dishes or instead of adding the cream, thicken the tomatoes into a paste that you can use for bruschetta (goes deliciously well with goats cheese and Ciabatta)..
This delicious dish is paleo friendly and dirt cheap to boot! A super-delicious pasta sauce, which is simple to throw together. Bacon is simmered with red pepper in a rich tomato sauce. Serve with freshly cooked pasta and grated Parmesan, if desired. Add the basil and bacon, toss with Parmesan and add salt and pepper, to taste.