Recipe: Appetizing Mike's Green Chili Tacos
Mike's Green Chili Tacos. However, if you'd rather stay away from all things tortilla, you can always enjoy these "tacos" over a bowl of brown rice, cauliflower Thank you for the wonderful recipe Lacey. I too live in Austin TX and am addicted to Torchy's Tacos, especially the Green Chili Pork. The beauty of these green chili pork tacos is that they are super simple!
Full of flavor, it's a take on my all purpose slow cooker shredded chicken. Made with chili verde sauce this is great in a taco, thrown over rice for a burrito bowl or warmed and topped on greens for a salad. Lastly, add the green chilies and cayenne if adding. You can have Mike's Green Chili Tacos using 34 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Green Chili Tacos
- You need of ● For The Chilled Vegetables [chopped – as needed].
- You need of Habenero Peppers.
- Prepare of Shredded Cabbage.
- You need of Shredded Lettuce.
- It’s of Chopped EX Firm Beefeater Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Sliced Radishes.
- Prepare of Chopped White Vidalia Onions.
- You need Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need of Chopped Red Onions.
- It’s of Halved Black Olives [drained].
- It’s dash of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare of Lime Wedges [quartered].
- Prepare of ● For The Meats.
- You need 2 Pounds of 90/10 Hamburger Meat [no need to drain meat].
- You need 1 Pound of Diced Pork Shoulder [optional].
- You need as needed of Beef Broth [for steaming meat & dissolving seasoning].
- Prepare 3 of Smashed Fine Minced Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 2 (4 oz) of Cans Green Chili [or 8 oz fresh hatch green chilies].
- It’s 1 Dash of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 Dash of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Deyderated Onions.
- You need 1 1/2 Packets of El Paso Taco Seasoning [you may not need all].
- You need of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- You need of Jalapeno Peppers.
- Prepare of Mexican 3 Cheese.
- You need of Green Salsa.
- It’s of Red Salsa.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Fresh Chives.
- You need of Sliced Avacados.
- You need of ● For The Carbs [as needed].
- Prepare 6 of " Flour Tortillas.
- You need 6 of " Corn Tortillas.
- Prepare of Hard Taco Shells.
Mixture will come to a bubble; reduce heat to low to keep warm while serving. To Serve: Warm taco shells (or tortillas) and add cheese first, then top with hot chicken and green chili mixture. Green chili chicken tacos with pico, black bean, avocado and cotija cheese. – Mike's Pork Chili Verde Burritos. – Taco Dip. – Puerto Rican mofongo with a twist. – Brad's chile lime shrimp tostadas. – Larry's Chicken enchiladas. – Mike's Green Chili Tacos. – Coconut Jerk Chicken Pasta. A double punch of jalapeno and tomatillo makes for a spicy-tangy salsa that's tossed with chicken and piled into warm tortillas.
Mike's Green Chili Tacos instructions
- Chop all vegetables and sprinkle with a dash of Ground Cumin and fresh Ground Black Pepper. Authors Side Note: The red and green salsa pictured were made by a 104 year old Hispanic woman in Chihuahua City, Mexico who literally won't cough up her secret recipes. Yup. It appears she's taking this one to the grave. Stingy ole' bag! But still, delicious!.
- Optional ingredient: Rinse your pork shoulder and pat dry..
- Fine dice your pork shoulder if opting..
- Chop up your hamburger meat and add your green chilies, cumin, seasoning packet and beef broth. Simmer meat until browned and fully moist and cooked. No need to drain meat if using 90/10 grade..
- De-seed and dice your fresh green chilies. Or, add your canned green chilies to your hamburger and pork meat. Also, add a dash of Ground Cumin again to the mix!.
- You'll definitely need beef broth to thin your taco seasoning packet. Then, whisk! whisk! whisk!.
- If adding pork cubes – add 1 1/2 packets of taco seasoning. If not, just one packet is needed. Old El Passo is a great OTC brand!.
- Enjoy your tacos with ice cold Mexican beers in ice cold frosty mugs!.
To build the tacos, nestle the chicken and some of the sauce into the tortillas. Top with a sprinkling queso fresco and serve. Spice up taco night with these easy green chile chicken tacos. You can also use the chicken to make other dishes, such as taco bowls. Discard garlic and jalapeno, reserving cooking liquid.