How to Make Tasty Pasta with pancetta, pecorino and asparagus
Pasta with pancetta, pecorino and asparagus. After months of chilly weather, slushy snow and skin so dry and scaley I could make a salmon jealous, I caught a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel. Slowly add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Cook the pasta in a large pot according to package instructions.
Add the egg mixture and stir continuously until the sauce completely coats the pasta. Made with fresh spinach pasta and steamed the asparagus over the cooking pasta in a bamboo steamer. In a jug, whisk together cream, egg yolks and half the Parmesan. You can have Pasta with pancetta, pecorino and asparagus using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta with pancetta, pecorino and asparagus
- It’s 500 g of pasta.
- Prepare 100 g of asparagus tips, washed and sliced.
- It’s 150 g of pancetta.
- You need of Small chopped onion.
- It’s to taste of Pecorino.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Olive oil.
Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. Pasta alla gricia is a simple pasta dish based on cured pork, black pepper, and Pecorino Romano. The fat from the pork (guanciale is traditional, but easier-to-find pancetta works well) combines with starchy pasta cooking water and cheese to create a creamy sauce for the pasta.
Pasta with pancetta, pecorino and asparagus step by step
- Cook pasta according to instructions in salted water. Fry onion gently in oil. When soft, add pancetta and cook for 2 mins on medium. Then add asparagus. Cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Save a cup of cooking water. Drain pasta, add to sauce. Add the cup of water and enough pecorino to make it creamy when you mix it..
- Mix well.
- Enjoy :).
Add the pancetta to a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Drain pasta and return to pan. Our goal: a restaurant-quality dish with a weeknight-friendly cooking process. For a weeknight-friendly meal that delivered on flavor, we used powerhouse ingredients. We rendered pancetta pieces in a nonstick skillet until crispy and used the fat.