Recipe: Yummy Bacon and Chilli Pasta
Bacon and Chilli Pasta. Fry the bacon in a dry skillet until crisp. Peel and finely chop the garlic and the onion. Wash the chilli pepper, cut in half lengthways, de-seed, then cut into fine strips.
Add chilli flakes and cook until bacon or pancetta is browned. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat. While the bacon is frying, finely chop the onion and garlic. You can cook Bacon and Chilli Pasta using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon and Chilli Pasta
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 slice of middle bacon.
- Prepare 1 of brown onion.
- It’s 1 of capsicum (red or green).
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of basil paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of hot chilli paste.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 can of hot water.
- Prepare 250 grams of penne pasta.
Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Fry the onion and garlic in the same pan until soft and translucent. Add the tinned tomatoes, chillies and sweet chilli sauce. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and allow to come back up to a boil.
Bacon and Chilli Pasta instructions
- Add pasta to salted water in large saucepan. Bring to boil and cook as per packet instructions..
- Heat oil in large fry pan. Add bacon and cook for 3 mins until Brown.
- Add chopped onion and capsicum to fry pan.
- Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, basil and chilli to fry pan. Add water and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Season sauce to taste..
- Drain pasta keeping some of the water. At pasta to fry pan along with some of the cooking water..
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil, and cook the pasta until al dente. While the bacon fries, peel and finely chop the garlic, onion and chilli. In a large saute pan over medium heat, add bacon and. Reserve cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta. While the pasta is boiling, heat a large pan or skillet and add the diced bacon to it.