How to Prepare Yummy Basic Green Bean Casserole
Basic Green Bean Casserole. Green bean casserole is a casserole consisting mostly of green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onions. Stir together white sauce and green beans. Find the best recipes for green bean casserole.
But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Next combine the softened green beans to the mixture of ingredients. Green bean casserole is the quintessential Thanksgiving side. You can cook Basic Green Bean Casserole using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic Green Bean Casserole
- Prepare of Required.
- Prepare 2 cup of green beans.
- Prepare 2 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 2 of onion.
Bizarrely, I never had it on my Thanksgiving table growing up, but I've become The only ingredient as essential to green bean casserole as green beans is French's fried onions. They're salty, crunchy—and absolutely mandatory. "Classic" green bean casserole means different things to different people. For some, green bean casserole consists of frozen and canned ingredients, quickly tossed together and baked as the token green vegetable for holiday tables. This Healthy Green Bean Casserole recipe is made from scratch with lightened-up ingredients, it's fresh and creamy and crispy, and it is full of the absolute best flavors.
Basic Green Bean Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Snap ends of green beans until you get 2 cups. Rinse..
- Pour beans in large rectangular baking pan. If you would like the cooking time to be shorter, boil the beans first before putting them into the pan..
- Pour the two cans of the cream of mushroom soup into the pan over the green beans..
- Chop onions into rings. Optional: you can either fry the rings in oil plain or coat them in a batter and fry them..
- Once onions are fried, dump them into the pan..
- Put the pan into the oven and bake for about an hour and a half, or until beans are wrinkled and soup is browned at edges. Note: a shorter cooking time in the oven will make the casserole more soupy, and the listed time will make it more uniform..
Green bean casserole is a classic American dish that can often be found on holiday dinner tables at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, as well as other times throughout the year. It's a beloved casserole favorite that has been diluted over the years to include cans cream of mushroom soup. This homemade green bean casserole recipe is made entirely on the stove, maintaining the crunchiness of the green beans and all of the flavor of the The original green bean casserole had a short ingredient list: canned green beans, condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, soy sauce, and. This green bean casserole is a family tradition. My grandmother makes this every Thanksgiving.