Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Fluffy Citrus earl grey Cotton Chiffon cake
Fluffy Citrus earl grey Cotton Chiffon cake.
You can cook Fluffy Citrus earl grey Cotton Chiffon cake using 11 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fluffy Citrus earl grey Cotton Chiffon cake
- You need of tea bags earl grey.
- You need of powdered or crushed earl gray leaves.
- Prepare of hot milk.
- It’s of cake flour.
- Prepare of oil.
- You need of large egg yolks.
- It’s of whole egg.
- You need of Zest of one orange.
- You need of large egg whites at room temperature.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
Fluffy Citrus earl grey Cotton Chiffon cake step by step
- Brew the tea bags in hot milk until a deep caramel color for 12-15 minutes and squeeze out the tea bags..
- Chill the hot tea in fridge until cold.
- I'm a medium heavy bottom sauce pot, heat up the oil until it leaves skinny streaks when swirled around slightly.
- Take it off the heat immediately and add the sifted cake flour with the cold tea mixture and stir its a spatula quickly until combined.
- Next add the whole egg and egg yolk one at a time stirring until combined after each addition.
- Add in the crushed tea leave and the orange zest and mix until smooth and shiny, if too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of cold milk (the batter should be thick and flowing slowly like lava).
- Strain the mixture for extra smoothness and set aside.
- In the clean grease free bowl of a stand or hand mixer, add in the room temperature egg white along with the pinch of salt and whip on medium until foamy..
- Add the sugar gradually in three additions until firm peaks form, firmer than soft peak but not quite vertically stiff like stiff peak stage(should still have a slight hook to one side when held upside down).
- With whisk, incorporate a third of the meringue mixture into the egg yolk mixture until homogenous..
- Then with a spatula, fold in egg yolk mixture back into the bowl of the meringues until you see no more lumps or streaks.
- Pour the batter into prepared 9 x5 loaf pan or 8 inch cake tin with only the bottom lined with parchment and the sides not greased.
- Smooth out the top with spatula and tap on counter to remove large air bubbles.
- Set the cake pan in a hot water bath 1/4 inch deep water.
- Bake in a preheated 340 F oven for 15 minutes and 315 for another 40 minutes in the middle rack or lower third rack for toaster ovens.
- Let cake cool in the pan to prevent it from collapsing too much.
- Once cooled, invert onto serving platter and refrigerate over night covered for best results.
- Tips: each oven is different so adjust the temperature accordingly if the cake cracks (temperature is too high).
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)