Recipe: Perfect Deep Dish Taco Pizza
Deep Dish Taco Pizza. Discover Deals on the Pizza You Deserve with Papa Johns®. Order Your Delivery or Carryout Meal Online Today! I make my own deep dish dough, and add all the regular taco toppings once the pizza is out of the oven and cooled (lettuce, tomato, olives, green onion, and avocado) and served with salsa.
This family-pleasing dish is a cross between a pizza and a casserole, and guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters. Deep-Dish Taco Pizza to be exact. This was a favorite meal for my family when I was growing up. You can have Deep Dish Taco Pizza using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Deep Dish Taco Pizza
- You need 1 lb of ground round or ground turkey.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion or frozen chopped.
- It’s 1 can of (4oz or less) chilies, drained.
- It’s 1 can of (15oz) diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt free taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 can of (10oz) refrigerated pizza crust dough. Pillsbury.
- It’s 1 cup of or (4oz) shredded reduced fat shard cheddar or part skim mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 of cooking spray.
- You need 1 of salsa (optional).
- It’s 1 of reduced fat sour cream or plain greek yogurt (optional).
It was a regular in my mom's meal rotation and it was always met with smiles and clean plates. The best thing about it, besides the ease in which it goes together, is the way you can customize it to fit your families tastes. This Deep Dish Taco Pizza is a fun twist on a classic pizza, and it's super easy to make! Instead of traditional pizza sauce, refried beans mixed with taco sauce form the base for this taco pizza.
Deep Dish Taco Pizza step by step
- preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook meat and onion in a large non stick skillet over med-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well and return meat to skillet..
- Stir in tomatoes, chilies and seasoning. Cook over med-high heat until throughly heated, then set aside.
- Spray 13×9 inch baking dish thoughly..
- unroll pizza crust dough and press into bottom and halfway up the sides of dish. Spoon meat mixture over pizza crust dough..
- Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts and edges of crust are browned..
Add in seasoned ground beef along with your favorite taco toppings, and you've got a fun dinner for the whole family! Deep-Dish Beef 'n' Bean Taco Pizza My whole family enjoys this dish that tastes like a taco and looks like a deep-dish pizza. Spread blended pinto beans over bottom of dough. Spread cooked taco meat over beans. Pass taco sauce at the table to sprinkle on top.