Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Roast pork belly
Roast pork belly. From roast pork belly to slow cooked pork belly and crispy pork belly, our ideas will give you the Roast pork belly with potatoes baked in milk. Our roast pork belly recipe is inspired by an Italian. One of my favorite item to get from a Chinese BBQ restaurant is crispy pork belly!
This roast pork belly recipe is the beginning of a beautiful Sunday roast. Just add roast potatoes, veg and Yorkshires… come on! Remove your roast from the packaging and pat dry with paper towel. You can have Roast pork belly using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roast pork belly
- Prepare of pork belly, bone in, skin on.
- It’s of large garlic cloves.
- You need of dried marjoram.
- You need of black or garlic pepper.
- You need of black bean paste or sauce.
- Prepare of dark soy sauce.
- It’s of runny honey.
- Prepare of liquid smoke (optional).
- You need of medium onion.
- It’s of dry sherry.
Learn to roast pork belly – top tips: Score the pork belly using a very sharp knife. Lay the pork, skin-side up, on a rack in a roasting tin. Rub with oil and season with salt. This process helps the fat run.
Roast pork belly step by step
- Slice the garlic into slivers. With a sharp knife make incisions in the pork belly, on all sides except the skin (unless it’s scored, which I don’t see many benefits of; unscored skin peels off easier for carving) and push the garlic slivers in, as many as you can..
- Season the pork belly all over generously with the marjoram and pepper and drizzle with the black bean paste, soy sauce and honey. Rub the meat with the sauces on all sides and leave to marinate for at least an hour – overnight would best..
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/gas 3. Slice the onion, peeled or unpeeled, into 4 rings, place them on the bottom of a roasting tray and sit the pork belly on the onion, skin side up. Pour the sherry into the tray, tent it with foil so that it’s sealed but doesn’t touch the meat..
- Roast for 2 ½ hours, turn the heat up to 180C/350F/gas 4, take the foil off and roast for another hour, until the skin is crisp and charred around the edges. Let the meat rest for 15 minutes before carving..
The pork belly is first roasted with the salt crust, then the salt crust is removed. The pork flesh is infused with subtle flavour by marinating it in classic Chinese flavours. Pork belly is a fatty piece of meat that is often used to make bacon and pancetta. This roasted pork belly recipe is simple, using nothing more than basic seasonings and extra-virgin olive oil. The Hairy Bikers' ultimate roast pork belly recipe is great for a Sunday lunch or dinner party.