Recipe: Delicious Roast spare rib of pork
Roast spare rib of pork. Pork ribs are a cut of pork popular in Western and Asian cuisines. The ribcage of a domestic pig, meat and bones together, is cut into usable pieces, prepared by smoking, grilling, or baking – usually with a sauce, often barbecue – and then served. See how to make fall-off-the-bone spare ribs with your oven, grill, or slow cooker.
ROAST pork recipes – how to make pork spare ribs in the oven with white wine. Easy pork roast recipe to cook spare ribs with simple and tasty ingredients. Inexpensive and full of flavour, spare ribs can be grilled, barbecued, roasted or slow-cooked. You can have Roast spare rib of pork using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roast spare rib of pork
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- You need of onions, peeled with tops and roots removed and cut in half.
- You need of garlic, peeled and left whole but slightly crushed to release the oils.
- You need of pork spare rib joint.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- It’s of dried rosemary.
- It’s of dry white wine.
Not to be confused with spare rib roast (a large joint from the shoulder of the pig) they are usually sold as a whole rack, or cut into individual ribs that have been trimmed. Spare ribs (also side ribs or spareribs) are a variety of pork ribs cooked and eaten in various cuisines around the world. You'll be standing in front of a case of baby back pork ribs, pork spare ribs, country-style pork ribs, rib tips, rib roast, short ribs, rib bones, side ribs, loin back ribs, rib chops and the list can go on. Always wanted to have a better knowledge of this delicious category of pig meat?
Roast spare rib of pork step by step
- Pre-heat oven time gas mark 7 or electric equivalent. Normally about 220C or 180C on my Circotherm.
- If not already done by butcher, score the skin but do not cut into the meat. Rub sea salt into the cuts and drizzle olive oil over the skin. Turn joint over and lightly season other side. Return to skin-side up and sprinkle on the thyme and rosemary..
- Put a little olive oil in your roasting dish, roll the onion halves and garlic cloves in the oil to cover thoroughly and place towards the centre of the dish. Place the joint skin-side up on top of the vegetables and put into the pre-heated oven..
- After 30 minutes check that the crackling has turned golden-brown. Carefully pour the wine into the roasting dish so that it goes around the meat but not over it. Lower the temperature to gas mark 4 (electric equivalent about 180C, Circotherm 160C) and cook for a further 30 minutes per 500g of meat weight..
- Check that meat is properly cooked, then remove from oven (leaving the onions and garlic in the roasting dish), cover with foil and allow to rest for 20-25 minutes..
- Use the juices and vegetables to make gravy. Carve the meat and serve with roast potatoes plus vegetables of your choice. Also an apple or other sauce if wished..
Our pork rib roast is seared and then roasted to perfection with fingerling or small potatoes and seasonings. Fingerling potatoes accompany this tender and juicy pork roast and cook in the same pan, which is a great and convenient way of feeding a crowd without using too many dishes and pots. Have found loads of BBQ recipes for pork spare ribs but am looking for a way to roast these boneless ones – any ideas please? The spare ribs are a cut of pork that comprises a section of the rib cage of the pig. They start at the end of the very popular Baby Back Ribs located on Pork spare ribs are typically removed before the bacon located underneath them is accessed.