How to Prepare Appetizing Merguez-spiced Slow Roast Shoulder of Lamb
Merguez-spiced Slow Roast Shoulder of Lamb. An Autumnal Feast: Slow Roasted Lamb Shoulder, Spiced Cauliflower, Roasted Beetroot & Carrots. We were given a wonderful shoulder of lamb and I pegged the shoulder for this dinner party. I must also confess to something here: I actually roasted the lamb shoulder the day before as.
A brilliant lamb shoulder roast recipe from Jamie Oliver. This slow cooked lamb shoulder is just the best served with mash and seasonal greens. Incredible roasted shoulder of lamb with smashed veg & greens. You can have Merguez-spiced Slow Roast Shoulder of Lamb using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Merguez-spiced Slow Roast Shoulder of Lamb
- Prepare of shoulder of lamb.
- It’s of cumin seeds.
- You need of coriander seeds.
- You need of fennel seeds.
- It’s of black peppercorns.
- You need of cayenne or dried chilli.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need of from 2 spikes of rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of white or red vinegar.
With loads of garlic & rosemary. "A decent shoulder of lamb is amazing however you cook. Skim off any fat from the juices and serve alongside the lamb. You can use the leftover meat in Rosie's lamb shoulder flatbread recipe (see 'goes well with'). Slow-Roast Spiced Lamb Shoulder with Sumac Onions.
Merguez-spiced Slow Roast Shoulder of Lamb instructions
- Place the cumin, coriander and fennel seeds and black peppercorns in a pestle and mortar and crush. Add the cayenne or chilli, smoked paprika, chopped garlic, rosemary, salt and olive oil and mix together to make a rub. Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7..
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin and score slits all over the top with a sharp knife. Scrape the spice mix on top of the lamb and use your hands to rub it in all over, bottom and top, and pushing it into the slits..
- Place the lamb in the hot oven and roast for about 25 minutes until smoking and slightly scorched on top. Remove from the oven. Reduce the temperature to 120C/Gas 1/2. Add the vinegar and a couple of glasses of water to the roasting tin (don't pour it over the meat). Cover with foil and return to the oven..
- Cook the lamb slowly for 5-6 hours then remove from the oven and leave to rest for 20 minutes. Transfer the gravy to a pan and reduce or thicken if you wish. Shred the lamb, serve piled on top of cumin-spiked rice and with some hot juices drizzled over..
- Leftovers can be frozen in the rest of the gravy or used the next day in wraps with sliced red pepper and sweet chilli sauce, or in a pilaf, or all three! There's even enough meat for the dog….
This slow cooked lamb shoulder infused with rosemary and garlic is so tender you don't need a carving knife. Super easy, tastier & cheaper than lamb leg! Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder is the ultimate lamb roast. Sitting the meat on the bones allows the air to circulate so the meat cooks evenly. If you wish to use a larger shoulder of lamb to feed more people, adjust the cooking times.