Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Authentic Char Siu (Roast Pork version) for New Year's
Authentic Char Siu (Roast Pork version) for New Year's.
You can have Authentic Char Siu (Roast Pork version) for New Year's using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Authentic Char Siu (Roast Pork version) for New Year's
- You need of Pork butt (shoulder or roast) block.
- You need of The macerating sauce:.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Prepare of Honey.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Shaoxing wine.
- It’s of Chinese 5-spice powder.
- Prepare of Juice from grated ginger.
Authentic Char Siu (Roast Pork version) for New Year's instructions
- Combine the macerating sauce ingredients in a bowl, and work it into the pork..
- Put the pork and sauce in a plastic bag, and leave to macerate in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 days. Rub the meat through the bag a few times to make it even more tasty..
- Tie the pork up with kitchen twine to neaten up the shape. You can tie the meat up in any way you like. Be sure to have the meat at room temperature before roasting..
- Place a piece of aluminium foil and a rack on an oven baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. When the oven is at the right temperature, put the pork on the rack..
- Roast the meat for 40 minutes. Take it out every 10 minutes to brush with the sauce and turn over..
- After 40 minutes, raise the oven temperature to 480F/250C and roast for 2 more minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the meat in there for 10 minutes to continue cooking in residual heat..
- It will have a nice color and shine! Take the pork out of the oven, and while it's still hot, remove burnt bits with kitchen scissors. Leave some of the burnt bits on – they're tasty..
- Slice to the thickness you like and serve on a plate with Japanese mustard. We like our pork cut thick!.
- Here's a recipe for fried rice made with this Char Siu.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152312-char-siu-fried-rice.
- My recipe for Char Siu for ramen:. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149787-char-siu-pork-and-marinated-soft-boiled-eggs-for-ramen.
- Char siu made with chicken thigh meat!..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)