Recipe: Perfect Plantain fritters
Plantain fritters. Jamaican Ripe Plantain Fried Fritters (Jamaican Chef) Plantain Fritters – Crusty on the outside and dense inside made with overly ripe plantains, brown rice and spices. Gluten free, paleo and vegan side dish.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder & salt. Fried plantains fritters are one of those ubiquitous Caribbean dishes can be found with almost every meal. The secret to the perfect plantain fritter is the ripeness of the fruit. You can have Plantain fritters using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plantain fritters
- It’s of plantains.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- You need of onion.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Jeera powder.
- It’s of Aamchur.
- You need of Garam masala.
- Prepare of Red chilli powder.
- You need of Corn flour.
You want a very ripe plantain. Plantain fritters are popular in many tropical cuisines. These tasty fried puffs are eaten throughout the Caribbean Be sure to use plantains whose skin is turning black. If they are not ripe enough, the.
Plantain fritters step by step
- Boil the plantains and potatoes for 3 whistles..
- After they cool down,peel them and mask with a fork. Evenly..
- Add the onions, and other masalas..
- Mix properly. Add corn flour to it..
- Make flat round tikkis and keep aside..
- Heat very little oil in a on stick Pan and add the tikkis..
- Turn both sides and cook properly..
These crispy Plantain Fritters, from The Gate, make a delectable dinner party starter. Make a go of trying something different with this recipe for deep-fried plantain fritters served with pebre. Drain and peel the plantains and transfer to a large bowl. Mash to a smooth consistency and add the baking powder, salt, garlic, and pepper. Peel skin with a potato peeler.