Recipe: Tasty Fettuccine Alfredo
Fettuccine Alfredo. Fettuccine pasta topped with a homemade rich decadent alfredo sauce. There are certain recipes that are essential to have in your recipe box and one of them has to be a phenomenal Fettuccine alfredo. Real alfredo should never (never!) include cream; the silky sauce is the result of an emulsion between the grated cheese, melted butter, and starchy pasta water.
Fettuccine Alfredo V. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The "Alfredo" in fettuccine Alfredo is Alfredo di Lelio who operated a restaurant in Rome. Legend has it that he fancied up a basic pasta with butter-and-cheese to appeal to his wife. You can have Fettuccine Alfredo using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fettuccine Alfredo
- Prepare of fettuccine.
- It’s of shredded mozarella cheese.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Onion powder.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
Try this easy fettuccine alfredo with italian sausage recipe from BUITONI® to make a freshly The irresistible taste of sweet Italian sausage adds an unforgettable flavor to creamy Fettuccine Alfredo. Fettuccine Alfredo, made with a rich, creamy, garlic-infused parmesan sauce and tender homemade pasta, is comfort food at it's finest! This decadent meal can be served on it's own. Fettuccine alfredo is one of those dishes that is somehow more than the sum of its parts.
Fettuccine Alfredo step by step
- Cook fettuccine pasta according to sachet instructions. Don't forget to salt the water. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add milk, garlic and onion powder..
- Add mozarella cheese and parmesan cheese and stir with a wire whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Add chopped bell peppers, carrot, fresh basil or any vegetables of your choice. Stir until mixed well..
- Add your fettuccine pasta and toss until fully covered in sauce..
However you make it and whatever you use it for, alfredo sauce is meant to be eaten on the spot. Fettuccine Alfredo started off as the desperate attempt of Roman restaurant owner, Alfredo di Lelio, to find something that his pregnant wife, who had lost most of her appetite due to pregnancy, would. While Fettuccine Alfredo is the Italian-American classic, the sauce is great with any pasta you want. Perfect, creamy, classic, restaurant quality Fettuccine Alfredo. Authentic Fettuccine Alfredo is fantastic with or without the garlic, though!