How to Prepare Tasty Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo. Chicken Alfredo pasta was my favorite "fancy" restaurant order as a kid — luxe sauce clinging to We've eschewed the authentic "no cream" Alfredo for a reliable take on this classic that's just as. Chicken alfredo combines a creamy pasta sauce with tender slices of lean protein. The white meat is butterflied for quick cooking and seasoned for maximum flavor.
Of course there are tons of jarred pasta sauces you can buy, but making alfredo sauce from scratch is actually so easy. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. A quick and easy chicken alfredo dinner with broccoli, zucchini, and red bell pepper. You can have Chicken Alfredo using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Alfredo
- It’s of Bechamel.
- You need of Milk.
- You need of onion (quartered with root attached).
- You need of Bay leaf.
- Prepare of whole clove.
- You need of white roux (as needed).
- It’s of pasta.
- You need of Pasta of your choice ( I use Penne or fettuccine).
- It’s of Chicken Breasts.
- It’s of Chicken Breasts.
- You need of Kosher salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- It’s of White roux (See hint).
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Flour.
- You need of Alfredo sauce.
- Prepare of parmesean cheese (Grated) May need more or less to taste.
- It’s of Kosher Salt.
- You need of White pepper.
- It’s of Garnish.
- You need of Fresh Parsley for garnish (minced, optional).
- Prepare of Parmesean cheese (grated, optional).
Chicken Alfredo. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Chicken Alfredo might seem like an indulgence that you can only order in a restaurant, but it's easy to make at home. Start by cooking fettuccine and seasoning chicken breasts. One Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe video!
Chicken Alfredo step by step
- In a large sauce pan add your milk. Make an onion pique by taking 1 quarter of the onion and attaching a bay leaf and placing clove in the middle of it to hold in place. If it falls apart it's ok because we're going to strain anyway..
- Once your onion is added to the milk simmer until you start to see bubbles and whisk in your roux. Only whisk in a little at a time. Bring to a boil and add more if necessary until it reduces down and becomes a light nape. When it coats the back of the spoon and you wipe it across and it still runs down the spoon very lightly then simmer for 30 mins or until the flour taste is cooked out.
- While your sauce is simmering season your chicken breasts with kosher salt and pepper and saute in a little bit of clarified butter or olive oil. You can also bake chicken. Sear chicken breasts in pan until you get a nice color on both sides. Finish in oven for 10-12 mins or until chicken breasts read 165°F..
- Put one chicken breast aside and cut the other two in pieces. Take the reserved chicken breast and cut on a bias..
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain.
- When bechamel is done strain. Use half of the bechamel for a half box pasta and all the sauce for a whole box. You can also store the rest and use it for something else. Pour into another pot on low heat and whisk in parmesean cheese. A little at a time to your desired thickness. Season to taste..
- In a skillet add your sauce, pasta and chicken. Toss together, plate, add your reserved chicken breast on top, mince parsley and sprinkle. Top with parmesean. Serve. Enjoy..
- For the roux: melt butter and whisk in your flour. Whisk until it has a nice white almond color. When mixture thins and starts to bubble, reduce heat to low and cut back on the whisking. Cook until you smell a toasty aroma. That's when it's done..
- HINT: Spread roux mixture into a metal half pan or a metal baking pan will work to. Let it cool in the fridge until hardened. Break off pieces when needed and mince and whisk into roux. This will last until you use it up. So you don't have to make any for awhile..
One Pot Chicken Alfredo nutrition per serving. This Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti recipe is made with a lightened-up alfredo sauce, it's easy to customize with extra veggies and seasonings, and it is always so comforting and delicious. A simple and quick Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe – Fettuccine pasta loaded with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and irresistibly delicious homemade Alfredo sauce. Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Is A Go-To Dinner Meal In Our House. Creamy Sauce Mixed In With Fettuccine Pasta And Sautéed Chicken.