How to Cook Yummy Chocolate covered cherry cookies
Chocolate covered cherry cookies. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie. In a small saucepan combine the chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk; heat until chocolate is melted. Chocolate-covered cherries in cookie form taste as good as they sound!
If you love chocolate covered cherries, you will love these cookies! I like chocolate covered cherries but these cookies are better. I sent this recipe to my daughter in Pennsylvania." — Steeler Fan. You can cook Chocolate covered cherry cookies using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate covered cherry cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of baking cocoa.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 48 of maraschino cherries, blotted dry.
- It’s of Frosting:.
- You need 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1-3 tsp. of maraschino cherry juice.
I love chocolate covered cherries and this recipe is to die for. Press down center of each cookie and place a cherry in center of each. In small saucepan combine chocolate and milk, heat until chocolate is melted. How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies.
Chocolate covered cherry cookies step by step
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing between each addition (batter will be very firm). Shape into 48 balls, about 1 inch round, and place on ungreased cookie sheets (I line mine with parchment paper). Push 1 cherry halfway into each ball..
- For frosting, melt chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add cherry juice and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 tsp. of frosting over each cherry (the frosting will spread over cookie during baking). Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. I put mine in for 12. Cool on wire racks..
Dip baked cookies in warm chocolate frosting and top with chopped nuts, colorful sprinkles or decorate with corresponding frosting swirls. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl until evenly combined; set aside. Break the almond paste into small pieces in the bowl of a stand mixer, add the sugar and beat on low speed until the paste. These Dark Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies are an old favorite made better with dark chocolate and cherries!