Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies
Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies. These cherry almond shortbread cookies are the best! The cookies get their girly color from maraschino cherry juice and their flavor from butter, almond extract, and cherries. Cherry and almond is a divine combination and these have to be one of my best cookies yet!
These Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies are so quick and easy to make up and they make great Christmas cookies! Or really, any time of year! These sweet little Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies have quickly become a family favorite. You can cook Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies
- You need 6 ounces of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) at room temperature.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of marachino cherry juice.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 15 of marachino cherries, chopped.
- It’s of For Topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of salted almonds, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg ewash).
- It’s of For Drizzle.
- It’s 4 ounces of white chocolaye, melted.
- It’s 3 of punces milk chovolate, melted.
Add the almond extract and food coloring; stir into mixture. Don't worry about the food coloring getting all mixed evenly. The cookies will have a red and white After the almond bark has been drizzled over all the cookies allow them to set until it firms up. If using red sugar for decorating, sprinkle it over.
Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment ppaper.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add extracts and cherry juice and beat in.
- Add flour and salt, when just blended add chopped cherries.
- Combine tne chopped almonds wíth the granulated sugar on a plate.
- Roll cookies into I inch balls.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Roll in almond sugar and place on prepared pan flatten tops with the alm of your hand. Bake 12 to 18 minutes. Cool on rcks.
- When cool drizzle with white cgocolate.
- Then milk chocolate, allow to set.
Chocolate and Cherries are a match made in heaven. Then, when you add some almond extract and put it in shortbread – Oh my! The cookies are crisp and light with and go wonderfully with a cuppa tea or coffee. (I even discovered. These are one of our favorite holiday cookies. Cherry Almond Shortbread cookies are always a favorite at holiday parties.