Recipe: Perfect Grilled cheese dogs
Grilled cheese dogs. Cover and cook over medium heat until cheese. Grilled Cheese Hot Dogs are a brilliant combination of two classics: grilled cheese and hot dogs! A buttery crisp hot dog bun filled with lots of melted cheese and a juicy grilled hot dog.
If you're a fan of grilled cheese sandwiches and hot dogs, then this is the recipe for you. It's not fancy, but it's a fun twist on two classic sandwiches. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. You can cook Grilled cheese dogs using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled cheese dogs
- You need of hot dog buns.
- Prepare 4 of hot dogs cut in half.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 c of cheddar cheese.
Butter the outside of the hot dog buns. A buttery, crispy hot dog bun encases a grilled hot dog with lots of melty cheese and crispy bacon. Lunch doesn't get any better than this! Melt one third of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until foaming subsides.
Grilled cheese dogs instructions
- Flatten hot dog buns with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Spread all over bottom side of buns..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sear hot dogs (working in batches if necessary) until charred, 2 minutes per side. Set aside..
- Place bun buttered side down in skillet and top with 1/2 cup cheddar. Top with a hot dog and sprinkle with a little more cheddar and green onions..
- Cover with a lid and let cheese melt, then use a spatula to close the bun..
- Repeat with remaining buns and dogs..
Add hot dog slices and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. Giving your dog something yummy for a holiday is always a nice treat, but instead of a greasy grilled cheese why not try to give them something they will enjoy that will be a little more healthy for them? (Grease can cause gastrointestinal upset in dogs and lead to death if their diet contains too much grease.) As much as dogs love it, there are very few health benefits of giving them cheese. Serve it with another classic – our Campbell's® Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup. Whip up this Grilled Hot Dog-Cheese Sandwich recipe. If you love mustard-y, relish-topped hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches, you'll love Grilled Hot Dog Cheese Sandwiches, a tasty combination of the two!