Recipe: Yummy Mississippi Mud Cake
Mississippi Mud Cake. Mississippi mud pie is a chocolate-based dessert pie that is likely to have originated in the U. S. state of Mississippi, hence the name. The treat contains a gooey chocolate sauce on top of a crumbly.
This Mississippi Mud Cake is a chocolate lover's dream! A delicious homemade chocolate cake with melted marshmallows and warm chocolate frosting poured on top. This decadent Mississippi Mud Cake couldn't be easier to put together whether you're heading to a family reunion or a last minute backyard BBQ. You can have Mississippi Mud Cake using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mississippi Mud Cake
- You need 3 sticks of butter.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Self rising flour.
- You need 1 cup of Coconut.
- You need 1 as needed of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped nuts.
- You need 1 pints of Marshmallow cream.
- You need 2/3 cup of Coco (we prefer dark cocoa).
- It’s 5 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 1 box of Confectionary sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Coco.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
Mississippi Mud Cake is one of my favorite southern sheet cakes. It's a rich and moist chocolate cake covered Mississippi Mud Cake is one of the most popular potluck recipes. My friend Jocelyn has written a lovely book called Grandbaby Cakes and this cake is one of the masterpieces in it! Sharing it with you today is pure joy for me as I consider Jocelyn.
Mississippi Mud Cake instructions
- Cream together 2 sticks of butter, 2 cu sugar, and 1/3 coco. Add 4 eggs one at a time, beating after each. Add 1/2 cu flour and pinch of salt..
- Stir in 1.5 cu pecans and 1 cu coconut.
- Bake at 45 minutes at 350.
- Melt mash mellow cream in microwave and pour on cake while hot.
- Cool. Mix frosting: box of confectionary sugar, 1 stick butter, 5 T milk. 1 t vanilla and 1/3 cu of cocoa. Spread on top of baked cake.
Mississippi Mud Cake II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mississippi mud cake is a yummy chocolate dessert with marshmallows, pecans and a rich icing. Mississippi Mud Cake is quite rich and sweet, and since I am more of a savory gal, I like to counter that sweetness with pecan that I have roasted in butter and salted. Mississippi Mud Cake has been around for a long time. I made it for the weekend and realized I did not have it on the site.