How to Make Delicious Crockpot beans and smoked turkey
Crockpot beans and smoked turkey. Would you like any vegetables in the recipe? How to make amazing southern green beans with smoked turkey.. I threw all these ingredients together.
Pick through beans to remove debris (stones, mud, bad beans). Rinse beans and put into a large pot or container. Both my husband & I really love Lima Beans, & I decided to make some for dinner on Sunday. You can have Crockpot beans and smoked turkey using 17 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot beans and smoked turkey
- Prepare 3 1/3 cup of water or enough to submerge ingredients.
- Prepare 4 can of 16 oz northern beans drained & rinse.
- Prepare 1 can of 16 oz kidney beans drained & rinse (can also use roman beans).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of jennie-o turkey pastrami (cubed).
- Prepare 1 lb of smoked turkey neck or 3 large pieces.
- You need 14 oz of can carrots (you can use 1/2 cup fresh, cut in small even sizes).
- Prepare 1 stick of celery (washed & cut in half).
- You need 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 pinch of dry oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of complete seasoning or your favorite.
- You need 1 of sazon goya with coriander & annatto (1 envelope).
- It’s 1/2 cup of ripped pitted black olives cut in halves (optional).
I thought the Smoked Turkey would add just the right amount of flavor to them & they turned out great. I added a few extra spices to enhance the flavor, & they turned out just wonderful. As a kid in Arkansas we always had sliced tomatoes, onions & cucumbers in vinegar with them with just a hint of sugar. Southern style red beans and rice with smoked turkey wing, made in the slow cooker!
Crockpot beans and smoked turkey instructions
- Place everything in your crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours. Uncover for the last 2 hours, watching that it does dry too much. I usually just leave overnight. Next time I think I'll add cabbage & chick peas. Serve with white rice, corn bread or baguette..
I have been getting a ton of request for a soul food, southern style red beans and rice recipe. I have shared a couple bean recipes in the past with you all, and I cooked them with smoked pork. Add thyme, bay leaves, cayenne, stock, smoked turkey, and beans. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a bare simmer.