How to Prepare Delicious Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup. The aroma while it's cooking is wonderful. I found this in a magazine, made a few changes. This Spicy Sausage Lentil and Kale Soup is protein-packed and full of vegetables.
The title is a bit misleading because I actually didn't use spicy sausage, I just made the soup spicy. This soup will wow you with flavor and hearty goodness. Kale can easily be substituted with chard or spinach. You can cook Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
- It’s of Kale.
- Prepare of Chicken.
- You need 1 lb of dry lentils.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 of serrano.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1 of med sweet onion.
- Prepare of ~6 baby Bella mushrooms.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Chile powder.
- You need of Cayenne powder.
- It’s of Sumac (you can probably use a bit of lemon juice instead).
- You need of Paprika.
- It’s of Celery seed.
- Prepare 3 qt of broth.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
A weekday saviour, this spiced lentil and kale soup adds a deliciously spicy kick to any lunchtime. With a hand blender, blitz the soup until smooth. Stir in the rest of the kale and the lentils, and season well. This lentil and kale soup is the perfect example.
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup step by step
- Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, and making a mirepoix with what's left. quarter mushrooms.
- Rinse lentils and put in soup pot. Add veggies and bay leaves..
- Toss reserved onion, garlic, and peppers into a pan with olive oil and carmelize..
- Deglaze onion pan with broth and add to soup pot..
- Dice chicken. Add to soup. Add leg and thigh bones if you have them..
- Add stock to soup..
- Salt and season to taste using the Chile and cayenne powders and paprika and celery seed..
- Bring soup to a boil. Let simmer till lentils are soft and flavors are married..
- Add kale in the last 10 minutes..
- Serve hot..
It's vegan, full of fiber and protein and easy to make. I love lentils, especially in soup. They are a great source of protein and cholesterol-lowering fiber. Lentils have significant amounts of folate, iron and magnesium and are great at stabilizing blood. The result is a hearty lentil vegetable soup that you can enjoy as a starter or as a full meal.