How to Prepare Appetizing Curry-Flavored Pumpkin & Bacon Garlic-Butter Stir-Fry
Curry-Flavored Pumpkin & Bacon Garlic-Butter Stir-Fry. Customize this pumpkin curry with your favorite pumpkin or winter squash and vegetables. Prep your veggies in advance, or prep the entire dish ahead. Curry is even better as leftovers.
Vegan One Pot Pumpkin Curry – Sri Lankan Cuisine Recipe. My Mum's Authentic Beef & Pumpkin Curry (Sina Mishti Khodu Mangsho). Pumpkin curry recipe – South Indian style pumpkin kootu made with red pumpkin, lentils, coconut Though pumpkin is a seasonal vegetable it is available all-round the year. You can cook Curry-Flavored Pumpkin & Bacon Garlic-Butter Stir-Fry using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curry-Flavored Pumpkin & Bacon Garlic-Butter Stir-Fry
- You need 150 grams of Pumpkin.
- You need 50 grams of Thickly sliced bacon.
- Prepare 100 grams of Onion.
- It’s 15 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoon, (to taste) Curry powder.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
It is a low calorie veggie. Pumpkin Curry was not one of my favourite curries growing up. As I have learned to appreciate vegetables and other ingredients and taste them for their pure flavors, Pumpkin Curry now ranks. The rich pumpkin balances the curry to give the dish well-rounded flavor.
Curry-Flavored Pumpkin & Bacon Garlic-Butter Stir-Fry instructions
- Cut the pumpkin into 7-8 mm pieces. Cut the onion into 1 cm thick slices. Cut the block of bacon into thick strips. Remove the core of the garlic and cut into slightly thick slices..
- Melt the butter in the frying pan. Cook the garlic on medium-low heat until fragrant..
- Add the bacon and cook until it releases its fat..
- Add the pumpkin and onion and cook while coating everything with the butter..
- Cover with a lid and steam on low heat for 3-4 minutes. (Check on it several times while it's steaming so that it doesn't burn.).
- When the pumpkin becomes soft and flaky and the onion becomes tender, add the curry powder and continue cooking. Taste and adjust the flavor with salt and pepper..
- This has a strong flavor so it's great as a side dish or in a bento..
- If you add extra curry powder it will become spicy and matches perfectly with some red wine..
It almost keeps getting What I especially love about adding pumpkin to this curry dish is the extra velvetiness it lends. That said, I cannot vouch for the flavor if you cut the coconut milk in half. Easy one pot pumpkin curry flavored with Indian spices and coconut milk. Perfect fall recipe to make and enjoy. This simple yet delicious Sri Lankan pumpkin curry made using the abundant fall vegetable and simmered with coconut milk and spices is a comfort in a bowl.