Recipe: Yummy Shungiku (Edible Chrysanthemum) & Chicken Salad
Shungiku (Edible Chrysanthemum) & Chicken Salad. Shungiku, Edible Chrysanthemum is a very versatile asian green. Known as Shungiku, Edible Chrysanthemum, Garland Chrysanthemum, Chop Suey Greens and many other names. Chrysanthemum Tea: Traditional Asian chrysanthemum tea is typically made from the yellow or white flowers of Chrysanthemum morifolium or Chrysanthemum..as Shungiku, Edible Chrysanthemum, Garland Chrysanthemum, Chop Suey Greens and many Along with the various lettuce varieties, this edible Chrysanthemum is considered a bitter herb. 'Edible' and 'chrysanthemum' are not two words I would normally put together.
Chrysanthemum greens (called shungiku in Japanese) are not very well known in North America, but they're Shungiku is quite easy to grow. It is a cool growing plant that I grow from seed in Oregon. The perfect amount needed for the average back. You can cook Shungiku (Edible Chrysanthemum) & Chicken Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shungiku (Edible Chrysanthemum) & Chicken Salad
- Prepare 1 bunch of Shungiku (Edible Chrysanthemum).
- It’s 1 of Chicken Breast Fillet.
- It’s 2-3 slices of Ginger.
- It’s 1 of Spring Onion *cut to 7-8cm.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Toasted Sesame Seeds *ground.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
Shungiku is an edible type of chrysanthemum plant although the flowers are typically not eaten. It is native to East Asia and is used widely in China, Japan, Korea and Vietnam. This post may contain affiliate links. Shungiku (春菊) is a common ingredient used for Japanese hot pot (nabemono) and salad (aemono).
Shungiku (Edible Chrysanthemum) & Chicken Salad instructions
- Tear Chicken Breast fillet into 2 to 3 pieces so that it will cook quickly. Place Chicken, Ginger, Spring Onion and Salt in a saucepan, add water to cover. Cook Chicken over a medium to low heat. When cooked, let it cool in the liquid. When cool enough to handle, tear into strips..
- Wash Shungiku well and cook quickly in boiling water until tender. (Do not over cook Shungiku as it is easy to do so.) Dip in cold water to stop cooking further, drain well and squeeze to remove excess water, then cut 3 to 4cm..
- Mix other ingredients, add Chicken and Shungiku, and combine all well..
Grow Frilly Edible Chrysanthemum Shungiku seeds as you would an ornamental flower, in rich, well-drained soil, and the sometimes bicoloured flowers will bloom from spring to fall. (aka Komi Shungiku Salada). Edible Chrysanthemum is used in oriental cooking in Japan, China, and Vietnam. It is a leafy plant that grows well in cooler. Brand New – Liliana's Garden – Guaranteed Germination Rates and USA Origin Shungiku Variety: Shungiku "Edible Chrysanthemum" – Glebionis coronaria Color: Green Easy to Grow? Shungiku was a plant whose leaves were edible, which flowered with white and yellow chrysanthemums.