Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Watercress and Grapefruit Salad
Watercress and Grapefruit Salad. Grapefruit and Watercress Salad Grapefruit and Watercress Salad. Cut out the segments and squeeze out the excess juice. Directions Combine the watercress, grapefruit supremes and juice, orange supremes and juice, olive oil and some salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Certain to boost your mood on even the dreariest of winter days. This watercress salad has a terrific blend of peppery greens, sweetness from the grapefruit and some zip coming from my secret ingredient in the salad dressing: marmalade. It delivers a super surge of vitamin A and C in this healthy salad when combined with watercress and avocado. You can cook Watercress and Grapefruit Salad using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Watercress and Grapefruit Salad
- You need 1 of bunch watercress.
- Prepare 1 of Grapefruit.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of pepper.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
This unique Pink Grapefruit and Watercress Salad is delicious and packed with nutrition. I grew up with a meat and potatoes kind of mom. She was a great cook, but she specialized in chops, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, that kind of stuff. We did have salads, but they tended to be diced iceberg and cucumbers.
Watercress and Grapefruit Salad step by step
- Peel the outer skin off the grapefruit with a knife. Insert the knife along the thin inner part of the skin and remove the fruit from the segments. Tear the fruit into bite-size pieces..
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining thin skin and add the salt and pepper. Mix well and then gradually mix in the extra virgin olive oil little by little..
- Wash the watercress and tear into smaller pieces, using only the tender stems and leaves. Put the stems and leaves on a plate and place the grapefruit on top..
- Pour the dressing from Step 2 on top and serve..
This elegant, light salad is ideal to serve as a first course. Pink grapefruit and peppery watercress cut the richness of avocado, and a scattering of toasted hazelnuts and hazelnut oil in the. Combine watercress, orange supremes and juice, grapefruit supremes and juice, extra virgin olive oil and salt. Gently toss to combine and serve immediately. Mix the olive oil and grapefruit juice together in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.